Overdrive Shifting issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

apache_camp

Reaction score
I have a 1994 Ford Bronco XLT, it runs fine but the trans is too sensitive to throttle increase. When the truck is in overdrive the drops back down out of overdrive into lower gears, to quickly, when you try to increase your speed.

It shifts through all the gears fine accept for this annoying problem, it makes it almost impossible to drive it on the interstate unless you barely touch the gas pedal. I can get it up to interstate speeds fine, it just keeps dropping back out of overdrive into a lower gear too quickly.

I have 31" tires on the truck, not sure if they are causing the problem or not. I didn't notice the problem when I test drove it, the previous owner had some bald 33" tires on it and I replaced them as ssom as I got it. I suspect he had the big old 33" tires on it to hide some issues.

Yardape

Reaction score
Both my Broncos were like that when I put 33's on them, never tried 31's but they both worked fine with the stock tires, I think they were 28's.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msgsnprtom