1985 Bronco Ignition Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

85AustinBronco

Reaction score
Newbie having difficulty troubleshooting why my '85 Bronco won't start. Here's what I done so far: new battery came with truck (measures 12.5V w/ voltmeter), removed alternator for testing (tested good at autoparts store), replaced starter solenoid, and checked all electrical connections. The solenoid clicks, but won't turn over. Next step sounds like the starter, but I'm really not sure. Can't wait to go through all the electrical under the hood, what a mess!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Yardape

Reaction score
could very well be the starter. Just remove it and take it in to get tested to know for sure

89broncobuc

Reaction score
i had a similar problem with my 89.. solenoid would click with full battery and good everywhere else that you mentioned.. my problem was i crossed a wire on my solenoid.. it wasnt stock so it had more than three.. not my doing.. a previous owner jerry rigged some stuff.. its a possibility if you have a similar situation to mine. also make sure you have the positive cable on the correct side of the solenoid. good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danno