Ranger/ XLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bronc76

Reaction score
Going to look at a '78 Bronco sometime in the next two weeks. The owner is probably going to scrap it if he doesnt sell it, so I'll probably buy it because the body is pretty solid with a little rust on quarterpanels and tailgate, no floor rust. I know what the Ranger option is, so my question is, what is included in the XLT option?

IMG_8940.jpg

IMG_8950.jpg

IMG_8944.jpg

IMG_8940.jpg

muddrivermike

Reaction score
I dont know how accurate I am on this but mine is a bronco ranger XLT.From what I know is they came with factory AC,NOT dealer ac,Captains chairs,The race track trim that goes all the way around the edges of the body.Thats all I can think of for now..Maybe some more people on here will have more info. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

OP
OP
B

Bronc76

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Have not seen it yet, just the pics. I was thinking that carpet was included too. Owner really doesnt know what motor is in it, he thinks 400.

ODBuffalo

Reaction score
I have a Ranger XLT and it did not come with AC.

Custom:

Pretty much your stripped down version although it could have been ordered with just about any individual option you wanted to put on it. A Custom model included: low back bucket seats, vinyl floormat for the front only, 25 gallon gas tank, manual steering, 4 speed trans with the 351 motor and the 205 case.

Exterior features were:

hub caps, black painted bumpers and the stainless mirrors.

Ranger:

Not offered on the Bronco, only available in the F-series lineup. Those upgrades were:

The bench seat had a chain mail vinyl seat upholstery, it also included a color matching vinyl floormat, sunvisors, seat back covers in the regular cab model and white headliner with chrome trim.

Ranger XLT:

The front seat used a combination of cloth and vinyl, insulated woodgrain door panels, carpeted flooring, woodgrain around instrument cluster, passenger dash and the glove box, woodtone on the steering wheel horn button, chrome trim around taillights and halogen headlights. The XLT also got the body side trim.

Exterior:

Chrome bumpers, chrome molding around the windshield and side windows in the top, chrome molding around the drip rail by door, chrome wheel well lip molding, rear T-gate chrome pieces, and the body side trim.

muddrivermike

Reaction score
I dont get it.My truck says bronco ranger xlt on the sides.Thats strange that yours did not come with AC,I thought the top models did. :mellow:

ODBuffalo

Reaction score
I think the XLT package was more cosmetic/trim options.

Mine is all original, Ranger XLT, has all the interior/exterior options but does not have a lot of functional options. Mine doesnt have AC, cruise, tilt, power windows and just the hub caps.

Picture_1.png

muddrivermike

Reaction score
Your paint job is what mine came from the factory with.Until the guy before me painted it black.

Foul Al

Reaction score
Your paint job is what mine came from the factory with.Until the guy before me painted it black.
hey folks, i have had a few of these trucks (station wagons) but i have not heard anyone mention the split bench seating or the factory tint that only came with a/c equiped models or a rollbar or the side handles or the running boards... or the rear sliders on the cap. any ideas on which model had these options? thats what i am building. w/o a/c of course.( gas is expensive!)

muddrivermike

Reaction score
Thats right I forgot about those.The running boards and side handles are new to me.Mine has AC,factory tint,Captains chairs,And I tracked down a roll bar which like most of the other stuff I was told was a factory option,Thats why you dont see too many of them.Think about it,How many people bought a factory roll bar for 78 and 79?I would like to think that maybe they are a little rare,I dont know though.Eventually If I could get my hands on a Black set of factory low back seats for the front,Id take out my captains chairs for them.The guy before me put red seats and carpet in.Thats all going to be changed to black,When income tax time comes for extra money. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Fritz180

Reaction score
I have a 78 bronco that has the rear sliding windows in the cap, the roll bar, and the bench seat that splits in the back of it, and a/c all factory installed. It had the factory cb in it but the previous owner pulled the unit out but left the antenna wire. I have the bronco custom. If that helps at all.

ODBuffalo

Reaction score
I would love to find a factory CB, that would be cool. Ill have to look for one.

Foul Al

Reaction score
i do think the factory roll bars are rare as ****! i have only seen 2 trucks with that option. the first one i bought and parted it and the other is sitting in a yard right now with the roll bar in it! he's asking 75 for it and i think i'm going to get it so i can have factory roll bars in both my 78, 79 bronco's. as for the cb radios, thats a rare find as well. i had a 76 tow truck with the cb radio in it but i forgot to scab it before salvaging the truck! dam me.

muddrivermike

Reaction score
You better jump on that roll bar,and dont forget to get the plates that are under each mount under the body and wheel wells.I bought one off ebay and am happy with the way its in there and looks.Looks great when I either have the hard top off or the soft top rolled up. :lol:

ODBuffalo

Reaction score
Bronco76, did you end up getting the 78 you posted about?

I looked at a 79 yesterday with a roll bar in it, the guy wants $800 for the entire truck, I told him Im only interested in the roll bar and front fenders. We'll see what happens.

OP
OP
B

Bronc76

Reaction score
Bronco76, did you end up getting the 78 you posted about?
I looked at a 79 yesterday with a roll bar in it, the guy wants $800 for the entire truck, I told him Im only interested in the roll bar and front fenders. We'll see what happens.
Nope, the owner sold it before I could get to it, too bad though, had alot of options on it. I'll just keep looking.

Foul Al

Reaction score
Nope, the owner sold it before I could get to it, too bad though, had alot of options on it. I'll just keep looking.
hey 76', what are you looking to buy? i have a 78 with 6 or 8 '' of lift, 35'' tires with a 400 in pretty dam good shape. the 4x4 works great. it needs some stuff but the body is in pretty good shape. if you are still in the market let me know.

OP
OP
B

Bronc76

Reaction score
Thanks, Mr. Foul, I will. Going to go look at a '69 mustang now.

Johnny Reb

Reaction score
Thanks, Mr. Foul, I will. Going to go look at a '69 mustang now.
I have 2-78 bronco,s. The XLT has a bench seat,carpet,air,400 engine,automatic transmission,posi rear end,square headlights,silver grill,cruise control,in-side spare tire holder,chrome around the sides and rain drip rail,( it had aluminium running boards,but they looked like a after -market deal and almost broke my neck a couple of times and I took them off and gave them away. , power steering and power brakes.------------The 78 CUSTOM has power steering,power brakes,a slideing and vent windows on the cap(the XLT DOES NOT HAVE)Oh and the XLT DOES HAVE WOOD TRIM ON THE INTERIOR--DASH AND DOOR PANELS.

demon

Reaction score
yea my xlt doesn't even have a posi. i think it is just a trim package, i don't have roll bar, side handles, a/c or cruise control. you guys are all spoiled haha

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke