92 Bronco Rear window motor help please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TMFD

Reaction score
I have a great 92 Bronco with only 75K miles!!!!

My rear window is down, and the motor is worn out and now I cant get the window to roll up.

When I take of the panel from the tail gate I can see the motor that I need to replace. however, it is UNDER the glass. and I cant move the glass to access the motor.

HELP! How can I get the rear window glass to move to replace the motor?

Thanks.

ryanbass2

Reaction score
My rear window is down, and the motor is worn out and now I cant get the window to roll up.

When I take of the panel from the tail gate I can see the motor that I need to replace. however, it is UNDER the glass. and I cant move the glass to access the motor.

Thanks.
make sure its not the saftey switch thats bad if it is u can jump it witha wire and get the window rolled up if not i think you can take part of tthe regulator apart and raise the window then remove motor and reconect the regulator then u can just slide the window up and down after that the regulator will hold it up

RBuffordTJ

Reaction score
make sure its not the saftey switch thats bad if it is u can jump it witha wire and get the window rolled up if not i think you can take part of tthe regulator apart and raise the window then remove motor and reconect the regulator then u can just slide the window up and down after that the regulator will hold it up
My motor hasn't had the power to raise or lower the window in some time, it runs but nothing moves, so I grab it and move it by hand to put it up and down. I am going to replace it soon, just did the front two. Try moving it by hand.

JRose_89

Reaction score
My motor hasn't had the power to raise or lower the window in some time, it runs but nothing moves, so I grab it and move it by hand to put it up and down. I am going to replace it soon, just did the front two. Try moving it by hand.
Also if it motor runs and you can hear a clicking noise when the up button is pushed, it may just need new trust bushing in the regulator. These can be found on ebay for under $10. It is a really simple fix once you get the motor and regulator out.

stinger

Reaction score
Also if it motor runs and you can hear a clicking noise when the up button is pushed, it may just need new trust bushing in the regulator. These can be found on ebay for under $10. It is a really simple fix once you get the motor and regulator out.
Or you could have done a search in the tech tips and fixed motor trans for only a buck or two at the most.

http://broncozone.com/forums/index.php?sho...amp;#entry97911 This is the page for it.

Seabronc

Reaction score

Thanks.
Remove the glass.

1. carefully remove the weather stripping so you don't bend it.

2. remove the end seals (on ***** each

3. remove the 4 nuts attaching the window to the regulator

4. carefully remove the window

5. now you can easily remove the regulator with the motor installed and do it outside of the tail gate.

6. BEFORE doing all that jumper the motor leads to see if it is working or not.

Good luck,

:)>-

Nickster

Reaction score

Thanks.
I recently replaced the motor in my son's '90 and you almost need to be a contortionist but it can be done. You should be able to manipulate the large gears to where the window will raise. At this time I found it much easier to put the tailgate down and support it with a saw horse. After you get the window pulled out you need to do the same in support of the window for believe me it ways a good bit. Once this is done you explose the motor but like I said be ready for a few bad words and twisted wrists.

JRose_89

Reaction score

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReturnToHangar