Strange Noise from truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigGreenBronco

Reaction score
Any help will be appreciated. When I first bought my 1995 ford bronco everything seemed fine except the back window didnt work. About a week after purchasing the truck i noticed it would make this weird noise everytime i hit a bump in the road its like a jingleing noise from the front on the drivrs side. At first its didnt bother me cuz it was only when i hit a large rut in the road but now its louder and i can hear it on the highway when i get to about 45 mph. Ive looked under the truck so many times but i cant find anything thats loose. I have a rough country lift kit and the guy i bought it from told me when it was put on he heard the noise but what could make that noise? I checked many of the rubber peices but they seem to be in good condition.

50joe

Reaction score
Doesn't leave us alot to go on, and would be nearly impossible to tell you where it is coming from. Only advice I can give you is to try to duplicate it in the driveway. Get a rubber mallet, and try banging on a few things to try to replicate it (frame, axle,bumpers, ect.) Also, jack up that side by both the frame, then the suspension, and try to pinpoint it that way. It's a long shot, but works every once in a while.

Miss Kitten

Reaction score
check all of your heat sheilds that protect the truck from the exhaust, like joe said try hitting them with a rubber mallet and see if you can hear the same noise

check all of the exhaust hangers as well

Yardape

Reaction score
Another thing you can check while your under there, the radius arm bushing could be lose where it mounts the the frame bracket. Hope its not that because it can be a ton of fun to change.

OP
OP
B

BigGreenBronco

Reaction score
the radius arm bushings are at the front and like a u shape right they come out right behind the wheel. do they have to loosen those to put on a lift kit? wheres the hanger at and can u tighten the heat sheild up yourself?

skrap420

Reaction score
yes most kits require you to replace the radius arms brakets with a drop bracket (pain in the neck but not an impossible task) both brackets have 4 or 5 bolts plus the big nut on the radius arm. check all of them and make sure they are tight and yea u can tighten up the heat shield (atleast you can on mine)

Shadow_D

Reaction score
Something else to check is the lift kit it's self... might be a problem with the bolts not being torqued correctly. You have to check them after a few hundred miles and recheck them with every oil change.

ryanbass2

Reaction score
i had same problem on my 81 bronco sounded like a loose bolt with a washer jingling around i got it fixed it was the sway bar bushings on the rear axle the ones where the sway bar attaches to the frame

OP
OP
B

BigGreenBronco

Reaction score
thats basically what it sounds like a washer jingling around the lift kit was put on about 4 years ago so it definately needs to be checked

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke