VSS location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

huntfishlive

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me where (or even show me a picture of one) the VSS is on a 96 bronco with a E40D tranny, I went to my local auto parts store and they did a code check and got the code for the VSS. I experiencing bucking while driving and want to try to fix it myself but cant find anything in my repair manuel that shows me where or what it looks like.

Thanks

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo,

There is a feakin' run on DTCs for the "VSS" in later MY Broncos! VSS is ref. to as the ABS or DSS (sensor) by many.

I had one last year; was the toasted 4WABS Control Module; but you'll need to do pin-point testing to ensure proper diagnosis in lieu of parts R&R.

Could bejust the VSS connector/w/corrosion.damage, bad sensor, etc.

Is your PSOM operating correctly?

Is the ABS lamp lit?

If you have Cruise, is it working?

What is the DTC?

Location pic in an 8.8 (rear differential) by Shadofax (TheJuice, The Juice, Mark Z) http://www.superford.org/vehicles/registry...a.php?id=195704

Suggest you buy a Ford Bronco Powertrain Controls and Emission Diagnosis (PCED), Electrical and Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual (EVTM) service DCD or DVD from Steve83 or wherever best under $20.00 you'll ever spend on the Bronco

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
H

huntfishlive

Reaction score
I just changed the ABS on the diff and its still bucking. Thanks Steve83 for the information but its kinda foreign to me.

miesk5

Is your PSOM operating correctly? (Programmable Speedometer/Odometer Module) If your asking if the speedometer is working, it is.

Is the ABS lamp lit? Yes it is

If you have Cruise, is it working? The Cruise is not working

What is the DTC?-- What IS the DTC?

And the Overdrive light on the shifter handle did blink the other day but went off when I shut the truck off (if its info needed to know).

Any suggestions?????????????

Bob

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo