Give us your thoughts.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shadow_D

Reaction score
1. How do you like the Bronco Zone?

2. Is it easy for you to navigate the forum?

3. Are there any changes you would like to see?

4. How does the Bronco Zone compare to other forums you use?

I'd like to see what other people think of our forum and maybe use this information to help make the Bronco Zone a better place for all.

This thread will open at Midnight on August 31 and will close at 23:59 on September 28. UPDATE! Thread has been reopened and will stay open due to limited response!

Thanks

Darrin

Last edited by a moderator:

Bronc76

Reaction score
Love the zone, easier to navigate than the other forums i've been on. The model years on the explorer and expedition forums on the general discussion and tech support needs to be updated from the year '05.

OP
OP
S

Shadow_D

Reaction score
575 views and only one of you has any thoughts :???:

Come on everyone... Lets hear the good, the bad and the ugly about this site...

I'm asking this question because I want to see if it is worth it to talk to Dana about an upgrade to the site (maybe different software).

50joe

Reaction score
I think it's a great page, not sure what I would change. Only thing I could think of is maybe a spec page, listing factory specs from year to year, and possibly for correct tire size to gear ratio, suggested lift size alterations, things like that. With all the modifications that are made to 4x4's, a "cheat sheet" of sorts might come in handy. And I'm sure with all the folks that use this site, I'm sure someone has learned the hard way what will and will not work. What ya think?

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
YO!

The Tech Section could use some re-organization.

Such as Electrical

Driveline or Diff

Engine

Transmission etc.

Thanks D!

OP
OP
S

Shadow_D

Reaction score
Thats something I'd like to see as well.

Does anyone use the "User Control Panel"?

I use the "UCP" on all forums I go to but I've noticed this one is so much different compared to the other sites. Does anyone think it could use a little revamp or is it ok the way it is?

Is there anything else people would like to see changed?

Maybe it's just me but I've missed threads I've posted to because I don't always see when someone has posted because I missed the email... Has anyone else had this problem?

Elmo

Reaction score
I for one love the site. A short cut to specs as mentioned would come in handy but that is what i use steves pages for.

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
Shadow,

Over the past year it seems that the site has fewer vistors, or at least fewer questions.

I haven't checked the visit count, but the number of questions has been fewer (at least it seems that way to me).

There is so much information at this site, that if it was re-organized, like an online resource website, there would be no need (or at least a minimal need) for a forum. How many times have we seen the same tailgate question? To maintain the forum feel, I created a notepad text file that I cut and paste some answers, such as "how to locate vacuum leak tips". I've wondered why the number of questions have dropped. Is it because we have answered so many questions, did so, so thoroughly, and made stickies of them, that people find the answer themselves?

Sometimes when I answer, I purposefully do not give complete answers so that others have the opportunity to participate, other times I give such complete answers that it obviates the need for anyone to say anything at all. Complete posts like that, though decreases participation by others, and makes the site less active.

OR... when gas hit $3-$4 a gallon, did so many Broncos hit the graveyard that there are fewer people driving them? I was very saddened to see that people were able to pick up a running Bronco for less than $1000. That means the public's value of one is less than a set of ball joints and alignment.

I don't stop in nearly as often as before.

I wonder should the F150 forum with newer trucks (and more on the road) be combined into the bronco forum so that there are more questioners?

OP
OP
S

Shadow_D

Reaction score
Shadow,Over the past year it seems that the site has fewer vistors, or at least fewer questions.

I haven't checked the visit count, but the number of questions has been fewer (at least it seems that way to me).

There is so much information at this site, that if it was re-organized, like an online resource website, there would be no need (or at least a minimal need) for a forum. How many times have we seen the same tailgate question? To maintain the forum feel, I created a notepad text file that I cut and paste some answers, such as "how to locate vacuum leak tips". I've wondered why the number of questions have dropped. Is it because we have answered so many questions, did so, so thoroughly, and made stickies of them, that people find the answer themselves?

Sometimes when I answer, I purposefully do not give complete answers so that others have the opportunity to participate, other times I give such complete answers that it obviates the need for anyone to say anything at all. Complete posts like that, though decreases participation by others, and makes the site less active.

OR... when gas hit $3-$4 a gallon, did so many Broncos hit the graveyard that there are fewer people driving them? I was very saddened to see that people were able to pick up a running Bronco for less than $1000. That means the public's value of one is less than a set of ball joints and alignment.

I don't stop in nearly as often as before.

I wonder should the F150 forum with newer trucks (and more on the road) be combined into the bronco forum so that there are more questioners?

I do have to agree with you Joe, it does seem to have dropped off over the last couple of years. I've even tried to start a ***** thread just to get more members to participate but it was dead before it even got started.

I've reopened this thread due to the lack of replies. maybe no one is commenting on the page layout because there aren't many active members. Why is that? Is it like you said, "when gas hit $3-$4 a gallon, did so many Broncos hit the graveyard that there are fewer people driving them?" or is it they didn't like the layout and never said anything??? OR is it something else?

I tend to refer to another forum I belong to as reference and I'll do it again, I've been a member of the Grand Am Owners Club (www.gaownersclub.com) for a couple of years and that is still a thriving forum even though the "GA" hasn't been made since 2005. People have sold their "GAs" but still remained active on that forum due to the friendships that have been made over the years. They also offer any advice they can to new owners / members on a verity of topics.

It's too bad the Bronco Zone hasn't taken off like that. I'd like to see this forum take off and become a thriving community again, (that was another reason I started this thread, I want to see what we can do to bring this forum back to life.)

skrap420

Reaction score
i love the forums, i typically check them two or three times a day.

one thing i would like to see is a little bit more organization to it. (like instead of just having the tech section have different sub threads motor tech, suspension..etc.)

also if there were stickers, shirts, tags anything with the broncozone name i know i would jump in line for one.

admin1

Supreme Commander
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info guys, if it helps any JBG has seen an increase in traffic since we overhauled the classifieds over there... I think there is as much Bronco activity as ever but like you all said most of the easy questions have been answered already and are easy to find in there (I like the idea of better organization though). We get a lot of visitors but it hasn't grown any, the F150 forum has actually dropped. Maybe I need to redesign the ads promoting this site over on JBG so people come back and check it out again! Any other ideas for marketing that doesn't cost anything since the ads up top barely cover the hosting.

For the software I have been looking at what we set up over at http://ecbr.us/forums/ (not sure if you guys knew I hosted that too on the same server) but this software we are on has a new new version release I am just waiting for it to stabilize a little more before upgrading to it. Don't forget I also created www.motormug.com a social video site but people haven't been using it as much as I had hoped... anyone with a cool video should upload it there so we can get that kick started, that is yet another place we can promote Bronco Zone once it has momentum.

Dana

Last edited by a moderator:

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
Dana,

I did a quick search on BING for "bronco forums'

IF you look at the results.

You can create a better discription of the site that is presented to the search engines. See what is presented at the bottom of the grphic presented below.

Now what really interests me is the top link for the Denver Broncos.

How did they get all of those sub-pages show up as sub-categories of their site and as separate links?

I have a couple of sites and would like to get that same advantage.

Please look into that and share that info with me (even if only by way of a PM)

Thanks and good luck.

joe

??? what happened? How come I can't upload an image to attach?

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
I know it will be time-consuming to Go through all Tech info in the various sections and pop em into a relational data base. It took me a month to Xfer my former broncolinks site to the broncolinks.com data base. We tried by (my son did all the programming) writing a proggie to scan the old site and jam the descriptions and URLs into the aprropriate category in the new site.

However, we had quite a few errors due to the syntax I used in the orig site;

Just fyi, here is an EXCERPT of my internal search results for broncozone in my broncolinks.com site;

Yukon Axle & U Joint Installation in a Dana 60

Source: by Broncoholics at Ford Bronco Zone Forums

460 Swap in an 86

Source: by justshootme84 (Randy Z, Casual Mudder) at Ford Bronco Zone Forums

Bronco Specs, height, width, length, frame length, 66 to 96

Source: by miesk5 at Ford Bronco Zone Forums

Tone Ring Installation Info in a 9 inch

Source: by diver62 at Ford Bronco Zone Forums

208 Parts Break-Out Diagram

Source: by Seabronc (Rosie, Fred W) at Ford Bronco Zone Forums

Replacement Instructions, etc.; PMGR (Permanent Magnet Gear Reduction) 92-96

Source: by BLADE262US at Ford Bronco Zone Forums

Starter Relay Wiring Diagram in an 83, see #3

Source: by Seabronc (Rosie, Fred W) at Ford Bronco Zone Forums

Sump & Electric Pump Info & pics in a 78

Source: by Matt I (Red, freak) at Ford Bronco Zone Forums

Wheel Bearing Locknut Torque Settings for 80-96 MANUAL HUBS, NOT Factory Auto Hubs; Ford Pickups and Bronco; "...Using a lockout spanner (Ford # T59T-1197-B or equivalent) and a torque wrench, tighten the inner bearing adjusting nut to 50 foot pounds while rotating the wheel back and forth and seating the bearing. Back off the adjusting nut approximately 45 degrees. Assemble the lock washer by turning the inner lockout to align the pin with the nearest hole in the lock washer. To lock it, install the outer lock nut and tighten it to 150 foot pounds. Grab the top of the tire with one hand and the bottom of the tire with the other. Move the tire in and out on the spindle. End play should be less than .006