Brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

that1mofo

Reaction score
Just had the passenger side brakes just locked up on the front of my 1990 B2 2wd. All sorts of problems and symptoms, the rear brakes have never worked since I bought the truck a month ago, I was loosing pressure when I needed the brakes, it locked up when I didn't need the brakes, ect, ect, ect, but that's not a big deal. I have a garage and a dedicated batch of intelligent dudes willing to crank wrenches.

The point of this thread is that I'm a big believer in upgrading while replacing. So I wanted to get on here and ask; 'Are there any brake systems from a larger ford application that I can upgrade to while I'm at the junk yard looking for new rotors? Something compatible? Possibly bigger rotors or calipers that will slip on with out fabrication?'

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
T

that1mofo

Reaction score
:huh: Beuller?... Beuller?... Beuller?...

Could someone at least tip me off as to where I could research this? Would the dealer be able to help me?

muddrivermike

Reaction score
Got your message.I dont know if anything that is bigger is compatable.The b2s and rangers were on there own seperate from other trucks.I know EBC usually makes upgraded brake pads and rotors for different vehicles.Somewhere on here I saw a post saying that the drilled and slotted rotors actually made braking worse due to less surface area for the brake pad to grab on to.As for your brake pressure,you said the rear brakes never worked.It could be rear wheel cylinders siezed up which i doubt,It sounds to me that your master cylinder went bad,UNLESS you have air in the lines going to the rear.That would also stop them from working.Your pass wheel locking up.Let me guess its after a while driving?Im almost %100 sure that a bad caliper.Its not releasing when you let go of the brake pedal causing it to drag the whole time.As it drags it heats up and keeps getting tighter until it locks,then after it cools down it releases.Another option could be a collapsed brake hose to that caliper but I rarely get that.If you have both front wheels off look at the brake pads on each side and see if your pass ones are worn down more than the drivers side.I wish I had an answer for you on bigger brakes but I dont.Another site a friend of mine goes to for bronco 2 and ranger info thats just like this site is http://www.therangerstation.com/ . They are like us with loads of info on this type of thing.see what you can dig up on there.Maybe somebody else has done some kind of upgrade before.If theres anything else that I can try to help you with just let me know.Good luck......Mike :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

muddrivermike

Reaction score
I had to look for myself although I didnt read any of them.On the top right of the ranger station site there is a search bar.Just type in brakes . And make sure it says the ranger station and NOT the web under it.A bunch of brake articles come up.It might be what you are looking for...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo