Door Opening Sizes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dmrkkaja

Reaction score
HELP PLEASE! After 30 years of always wanting a Bronco I was able to buy a fixer upper. Long story but got married and combined 2 sets of kids into the Brady bunch from ****. Anyway I bought a 75 running and really the most it needed was the from floor pans replaced. Wrong! After ordering the pans and figured I was just going to do one side at a time I braced and cut out the passenger side. Well thats when things started to go downhill. Found a few rust holes in the kick panel and the rocker panels needed to be replaced anyway so I decided to do the job right and replace the whole thing. My problem is nothing fits at all except the inner rocker panel. Problem 1) after putting on the inner rocker panel the kick panel is 2 inches to low and angled back from the bottom. Found out the right side had sagged. No big deal jack it up brace it and should be ok right? No. Still wont line up correctly. Measured the drivers door opening found that they are different diminsions also. Now i am going from the straight edges where the weather stripping goes. At the top it measures 36" and at the bottom right at the drivers floor pan to is 35.5". Do not think that is right. Looking at JBG drawings it says the door opening should be 35.30 bu really cant see from where. Can anybody measure at these 2 places and tell me what they have? I think the whole front bowed the middle at the fire wall though I cannot find any evidence of this. I do not have doors yet so I just can't slap them on and adjust from there. Any and all measurements will be a great help. Just have them tacked at moment so easy to adjust.

Thanks Everybody in advance. Doug

Bronc76

Reaction score
35 1/8" at top, couldnt get accurate reading at bottom

OP
OP
D

dmrkkaja

Reaction score
35 1/8" at top, couldnt get accurate reading at bottom

[/quote

Thank you for your reply, I figured I get a bunch of replies but your the only one so far. Was hoping to get it straight today but will have to wait until I talk to JBG or wild horses to get the measurements. Thanks again.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke