A good seat swap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ken0275

Reaction score
My 76 has the factory white vinyl seats that were begining to crack. I think the below zero temps and me sitting my fat a#@ in them this winter cause the cracks to get worse and the driver seat split apart in places.

I was planning on getting new seats from Tom's Bronco Parts.....the cloth with the bronco script.

BUT due to alignment troubles with the front end I need to hold off.......money needs to go to get that correct 1st.

So what are some good junkyard replacement sets I can throw in there this summer just to get by.

S_bolt19

Reaction score
I can't think of anything that is a direct bolt in. I used 87 Acura Integra seats & was able to alter their mounts to get where I needed, but it wasn't direct. I know of guys who have used Honda, Toyota...most Japanese brand car seats are a little narrower than American seats. You might look into that. Even try to find a wrecked J**p. But nothing that I have come across will go in without some type of mod.

walkercreekbronco

Reaction score
What about a decent set of seat covers? Thats what I'm doing now (I needed to change from blue to black) until I can afford the good seats and 5 point harnesses.

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
If you were close., I'd buy your stock seats..& re-build them.. >

They're low, (so you don't have to duck to see out the windshield) comfortable., & pass. folds for access to rear.,

& they're easy to get into & out.

I would install whatever fabric & color that makes me happy... :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

S_bolt19

Reaction score
What about a decent set of seat covers? Thats what I'm doing now (I needed to change from blue to black) until I can afford the good seats and 5 point harnesses.
Are you looking for something covering the originals? I never found ones that fit properly with the original seats, but that was 10 years ago. You might try and look up Auto Krafters or LMC Truck for something. For the harnesses, look at Jegs or Summit. You also might look for a seat to match. I know that Mastercraft has some nice seats, but they are expensive.

bigbluebronc

Reaction score
My 76 has the factory white vinyl seats that were begining to crack. I think the below zero temps and me sitting my fat a#@ in them this winter cause the cracks to get worse and the driver seat split apart in places.I was planning on getting new seats from Tom's Bronco Parts.....the cloth with the bronco script.

BUT due to alignment troubles with the front end I need to hold off.......money needs to go to get that correct 1st.

So what are some good junkyard replacement sets I can throw in there this summer just to get by.

My truck sits in the snow and ice too, but I have beard racing seats , last I was at the junk yard I almost bought a set of mercede or bemmers seats, great springs and comfy some with heated seats could be a good option and they kinda look like bronco seats, would love too see someone do it.....BBB

SammyD

Reaction score
I'm looking for something similar, but it looks like all the stuff at Tom's is leather or vinyl/denim hybrid. Are any of those things waterproof? I take mine out a lot with the roofs off, so I'm looking for something that won't be a complete disaster after an unexpected rain...

riggermortis

Reaction score
i swapped in a couple of high back buckets from a 90's ford probe gt. obviously i had to do some modifying for the mounts but they are nice and comfy.

got mike?

Reaction score
I've got a quasi-seat-related question...

I'm 6'3 and I've got racing seats in mine, just b/c that's what came in it, not b/c I'm doing anything fancy. I don't know why, but it seems like the top bar of the windshield (which is about 5in wide with the bracket which holds the bikini top, when I've got it on) is exactly the right height to block all traffic lights. I am constantly either ducking to see under this or craning my neck to see over top. It's pretty annoying. With the bikini top, I only have the ducking option, which really sucks in areas with lots of stop lights.

Has anyone else had this issue? If so, how do you solve this? Are there low-profile seats that get you low enough? Can you modify or raise the windshield to be a little higher? I can make it slightly better by removing the bikini top bracket, but then if it starts raining I'm really in trouble...

It seems like the height difference I would need is about 4-6in, but that's hard to tell. Since it's that much, I would think even people who are 6ft would have the same problem.

OP
OP
ken0275

ken0275

Reaction score
I am sorry I had this post.... I want to thank you all for the replies, but I ended up buying a pair of Corbeau seats from Tom's Bronco Parts.

cjcargo

Reaction score
This is strange to me. Every Bronco I see with the original seats all have the low back buckets as found in the early Mustangs. But I saved the seats from a 74' Bronco Ranger that I parted out, and these seats where high back buckets with a matching rear bench seat.

bigbluebronc

Reaction score
This is strange to me. Every Bronco I see with the original seats all have the low back buckets as found in the early Mustangs. But I saved the seats from a 74' Bronco Ranger that I parted out, and these seats where high back buckets with a matching rear bench seat.
I have found that high backs are better for safety!!!

pitcherd

Reaction score
I have seats from a 90's model 5 series Beemmer and I am very happy with them. they are a little high but comfort is worth leaning over a bit to see the red light. I am thinking of changing my windshield to one with the windshield wipers on the bottom to give me more glass to see out of. Always a way to fix a problem, just cost money.

bigbluebronc

Reaction score
A bronco will hold any seat as long as it fits you, I have have racings seats, toyota seats, chevy seats, I finally liked beard racing seats with a 5 point harnes, but it is up too you as a fit just weld and grind till it fits

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fryman22