302 Head Overhaul

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EvlFaust

Reaction score
Howdy;

I am currently looking for a set of used heads for the 302 in my 1995 Bronco. Once I find a set I plan on taking them down to a machine shop to have them worked over. If I am just looking for a clean set of good working heads what services should I have done while it is in the machine shop? Also what would be estimated cost of each service?

Thanks

BLADE262US

Reaction score
Very easy to tie up $500 or $600 in a set of heads by the time you have them surfaced , ground , possible new seats and guides plus valves and springs . Aftermarket are so cheap now I dont think Id waste the money unless you were really attached to them check out these fully assembled aluminum heads . :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/289-302-347...sQ5fAccessories

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
I recently had the 351W H.O. heads rebuilt at a local machine shop. Total cost was $280 for new valves, springs, etc plus re-surfacing the haed and grinding the valve seats. But I agree with Blade that a new set of heads is the better way to go if you can find them. I also helped a friend with a 96 Bronco 302 with a couple of broken intake bolts in the heads this winter. It was cheaper to get replacement heads than work over the original ones, JSM84

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke