1994 Bronco soft top

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lascassas_camper

Reaction score
I'm looking for a soft top for my 1994 Bronco, the web site I went to last is out of buisness. I'm looking for the soft top that takes the place of the hard top, not the bed cover.

334_310_1_small.jpg

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

wileec

Reaction score
Check Jeffs Bronco Graveyard I hear they just started shipping a new style.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
ok, thought you wanted a top for CAB's HARD TOP and showed that old STC (Specialty Top Company) pic; STC is out of business now

Jeff's Bronco Graveyard Full Top Fasttrac Zipper for 80-91; Jeff's design is a copy of the old STC Full Top

That's why I had a major EDIT...lol

They list it up to 91 due to lack of rear seat shoulder belt legality...

Here is something that Soft-Tops.com posted on their web site awhile ago...

Legality Statement & Possible Work-Around for Rear Seat Belts in 92-96; "...In some states it is a requirement that a seatbelt is worn by all occupants. The lap portion of your belt will still be fuctional. The additional strap acts as a double strap, when you disconnect the roof anchor. Many Bronco enthusiasts install the added safety of a rollbar. The seat belt roof anchor can then be mounted to the roll bar. This allows the shoulder portion to remain functional. Please check with your local law enforcement for specific state and local regulations..." miesk5 Note; this info has been removed from their web site

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
OP
OP
L

lascassas_camper

Reaction score
Is the third break light that big a deal in other areas?

I've been a public safety officer for 20 years (combined fire/police) we don't stop people for 3rd brake lights and if you have a lap belt your golden as far as I'm concerned.

I strapped in my kids car seats so there buclkled in and attached lap belts. I'm ordering the soft top and the only way i'm going to insatll a 3rd brake light is to cover up a rusty spot on the bottom of my tailgate.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
LC,

In our area of NJ, we have a State Police Area HQ a few miles away and a few troopers are assigned full time the State's Seat Belt Use Program. The Program has intensified after the Governor was critically injured in the crash of his official vehicle; he apparently was not wearing a seatbelt. A few friends who go soft top in summer have been stopped because the trooper saw the "tell-tale" sign of no shoulder belt. This goes on to them looking over the Bronco and finding no high mtg brake light either.

So, I suppose it depends on the area of the country and the existence of a vehicle/passenger safety detail or highway truck inspection stop where some pals have been pulled over for no light.

Yardape

Reaction score
But you can drive a Bronco a couple years older that wasnt equiped with shoulder belts or a third brake light and get no ticket? Seems kinda fishy. If I had the shoulder strap seatbelts I would definatly get a rear seat out of an older Bronco where the seatbelts are only attached to the seat for when I roll *******. Thats one of the reasons I built an 89 and swapped to the 92+ style frontend. Best of both worlds

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
But you can drive a Bronco a couple years older that wasnt equiped with shoulder belts or a third brake light and get no ticket? Seems kinda fishy. If I had the shoulder strap seatbelts I would definatly get a rear seat out of an older Bronco where the seatbelts are only attached to the seat for when I roll *******. Thats one of the reasons I built an 89 and swapped to the 92+ style frontend. Best of both worlds

Yard, on the first part,. Redwagon posted following awhile ago elsewhere; "...Federal Motor Vehicle Safety standard no 208 Passenger Cars, except convertibles (Effective 12/11/89), Convertibles (Effective 9-1-91), Multipurpose Passenger Vehicles and Trucks with a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating of 4,536 kg (10,000 lbs.) or less (Effective 9-1-91) Shall be equipped with integral lap and shoulder belts at every forward facing, outboard designated seating position..."

The high mounted 3rd brake light is also covered by a FED law; I know that this law isn't strictly enforced throughout the states, but it is here.

This why you won't see later year Broncos listed in any soft top company ads or line items.

NJ needs revenue, so...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke