1995 Transmission Problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pioneer

Reaction score
Tonight was the first time this has happend on this truck but when i was going between 30-55mph my 0FF switch for my overdrive started blinking. As I continued to drive all I could hear was the engine reving up and not seeming to find a gear then it would snap in and continue driving. When I got it back on the interstate the light went off and shifted fine. I was only on the interstate for about 10miles and when I pulled off onto another 55mph speed zone it started flashing again. It didn't seem to shift and when it did it shifted hard. I find it weird that I just got it out of the shop for a water pump and then all of a sudden it seems I have transmission problems? Any help out there?

broncotough

Reaction score
Ive had this happen three times. The first time tranny was triying to lock up and slipped would not go faster then 5 mph, solution rebuilt tranny. the second time i was playing with some fuses and forgot one causing the tranny to run in a "default" mode. very hard shifting but no slipping. the last time it blinked the OD light it was a vehicle speed sensor on the rear axle. i hope its an easy fix for you. if you have it rebuilt i suggest you have someone you really trust. when i had mine rebuilt they used a lot of cheap parts. which left my truck stuck at a green light with a cooked 3 pinion aluminum Fwd planetary gear. the Lucas tranny fluid additive stops slips, but only for a short time. i used it on a Maxima and got another 5,000 out of it before it cooked the tranny.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke