hardtop hoist idea

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BroncoAdams

Reaction score
so i was what yall might think about gettin a few come-alongs and usin the hooks to attach to the sides of the hardtop and just crank the baby up?

what do yall think?

could it work?

how do you guys hoist yours up or how do you store yours when its off?

thanks

Adams

Bronc76

Reaction score
i've thought using the same technique that is used when people lift there boats out of water to store them under sheds that you see on lakes.

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
You might consider a set of four pullies, and a hand crank winch (that one would use to pull a boat up onto a trailer). I've seen a system were the owner used a pair of 2X4's with eye hooks threw them. He inserted them under the top to use as lifting points.

Shadow_D

Reaction score
I saw an idea once a while back... It consisted of a boat trailer hand crank with 2 cables attached to it. those cables went to a 2x4 each, 2x4s were long enough to span the top. Next there were 2 each straps per 2x4 with flat type hooks on the ends that would slide under the top at each corner.

After that you are kinda on your own but I would suggest a better way of storing it when its off maybe set it on a set of saw horses and putting 2x4s under it then using the straps to lift it back up by the 2x4s...

Top_Lift_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke