Engine?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brad050

Reaction score
Hey I have a 85 ford bronco with 351 and a body that is shot....I have a friend looking for bronco's in the Florida areia he has found one for a pretty good deal 160k miles mint....But it has a 302...im thinking with that much miles the engine wont last for a verry long time. So my question is if something go's wrong with the engine can I just use the 351 engine mounts to mount my 351 in the 85 bronco with a 302? If not what do I have to do to make the change? and how much will it cost?

madmax

Reaction score
as long as their both carb'd engines, it shoudn't be much of an issue, some of the linkages for the throttle might be different, but youve got the other truck for donor parts, I'd say pull the 351, rebuild it, and just set it aside, I've got plans somewhere for a plywood and 2x4 storage box for small block's, they move around easily enough with a decent hand truck. then he can just run the 302 till it's just barley hanging on.

OP
OP
B

brad050

Reaction score
as long as their both carb'd engines, it shoudn't be much of an issue, some of the linkages for the throttle might be different, but youve got the other truck for donor parts, I'd say pull the 351, rebuild it, and just set it aside, I've got plans somewhere for a plywood and 2x4 storage box for small block's, they move around easily enough with a decent hand truck. then he can just run the 302 till it's just barley hanging on.
Ok thanks for the help :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

broncotough

Reaction score
im not 100% sure but the 302 and smaller engines have only a single shock mount. where as 351s have a dual shock. i have the 302 single shock, i plan on swaping to the dual shock to handle more abuse

Yardape

Reaction score
Are you refering to the front suspension shocks? The engine size had no bearing on whether it was single or dual shock.

broncotough

Reaction score
as far as ive seen ive never seen a dual shock (up front) on anything smaller then a 351. i was thinking it was for the extra weight. im probably wrong. i wish i had the dual shock setup

Yardape

Reaction score
as far as ive seen ive never seen a dual shock (up front) on anything smaller then a 351. i was thinking it was for the extra weight. im probably wrong. i wish i had the dual shock setup
I had 2 302's with quad shocks. and my buddies 300 6 has quad shocks. I think it was just part of the package when ordered. Some guys must have ordered without for whatever reason

Shadow_D

Reaction score

You are almost correct...

If the 351 is injected and the 302 is carbed you can still use the 351 BUT you will need to change the intake to a carbed setup. other than that it should work fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fryman22