FUEL or ELECTRICAL problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Metalhead_24

Reaction score
hi,

I have a 93' ford bronco 351w 5.8 .... it was sitting a while befor i baught it.....I've changed the all the filters . It will stall out on me when i stop and go to press the gas again. to get it running again i got to hold the gas to the floor ... it starts up really rough. I took it to a machinic and he said the mapping senor was bad so i put a new one in. It's still doing it just not that often. I've changed the all the filters . i'm thinking it might be the fuel pump but not sure....

Shadow_D

Reaction score
when the truck is idling, does it have a "wet" firing sound?

Do you see black or dark smoke from the exhaust when you get it running after it stalls?

OP
OP
Metalhead_24

Metalhead_24

Reaction score
when the truck is idling, does it have a "wet" firing sound?Do you see black or dark smoke from the exhaust when you get it running after it stalls?

it had a wet firing sound the last time it happend but no dark or black smoke... it was just thick

OP
OP
Metalhead_24

Metalhead_24

Reaction score
Sounds like a dirty sticking IAC
Check and clean your IAC

http://www.fordfuelinjection.com/?p=39

IF that fails, look for vacuum leaks, and if that fails... pull diagnostic trouble codes.

i've replaced that when i first baught it .. but there is an adjustment on it tho . there was a vaccum leak befor but i fixed it .

the vaccum leak was making it idle too high. i'm going to take a look at the adjustment on the IAC and let you know.

thanks

Shadow_D

Reaction score
I'd be willing to bet your fuel pressure regulator is going bad... I had this happen to me not too long ago and that solved most of my problems. IIRC they aren't much more than $20 - $30...

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo