2in body lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cory1014

Cory1014
Reaction score
I was offered a 2in body lift for free. Lucky me. haha I was wondering if there would have to be any other mods along with installing it?

Broncobill78

Reaction score
Yes, there are a number of modifications that you'll need to make to do this. The fan shroud, fuel filler neck & steering shaft will all have to be modified along with the linkages for the transmission, transfer case, clutch, throttle & tranny kickdown as well as extending brake lines & parts of the wiring harness (you may not have to modify all this stuff, particularly the stuff with cable linkages )

Sometimes you'll be able to get away without modifying this or that depending on the year of the truck, what options it has & how much of a lift you go with but the stuff I listed is pretty much the parts that are effected when you raise the body up & away from the chassis & drivetrain.

As Gatorbronco pointed out this is a question that's been asked & answered countless times and looking thru the archives will let you find the answers to a lot of questions like this without having to wait for responses to new posts. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to discourage you from asking questions, go nuts with it, just know that you can often find good answers in previous posts. Let us know how you make out.

Last edited by a moderator:

bronco410w

Reaction score
i didnt see anything on haveing an auto trans with electric 4x4 "not manual " ... what kind of mods are for that? if any?

Broncobill78

Reaction score
the push-button 4x4's use an electric motor mounted on the transfer case to electrically shit into/out of 2-hi/4-hi/4-lo. There's probably enough slack in the harness to work with just a 2" lift but otherwise that would fall into the category of electrical junk that will need additional wiring spliced in. Not difficult to do by any means, just one more pain in the a$$ aspect of body lifts. Personally I think suspension lifts are easier to install and they have the added benefit of actually doing something useful by increasing suspension travel and replacing decades old springs & bushings.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danno