turn and trans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

white night

Reaction score
I have a 1995 bronco and when it is cold air temp and or truck when I use the right turn it seems like the trans is sliping or it drops into passing gear <_< some times when I use the left and I have my cruise set it will kick the cruise off

Does anyone have a Idea????????????

gatorbronco

Reaction score
I have a 1995 bronco and when it is cold air temp and or truck when I use the right turn it seems like the trans is sliping
Can you clarify? Are you saying that when you turn on the right turn signal your transmission slips???

some times when I use the left and I have my cruise set it will kick the cruise off
When you turn on the left turn signal your cruise control turns off???

Seabronc

Reaction score
The cruise control going off is due to poor ground connection between the button and steering column. There is a brush connection in the multifunction switch to the ground line on the wheel itself. If it is not making good contact, using the turn signal will disconnect your cruise control just like hitting the Off button.

Good luck,

:)>-

OP
OP
white night

white night

Reaction score
The cruise control going off is due to poor ground connection between the button and steering column. There is a brush connection in the multifunction switch to the ground line on the wheel itself. If it is not making good contact, using the turn signal will disconnect your cruise control just like hitting the Off button.
Good luck,

:)>-

ok thank you the other problem I with the turn is not that the trans is sliping it is that it goes into the passing gear i have no idea about this one. i get on 94 in the am and as soon as i go to change lanes and hit the turn single it revs up and my tack jumps up and truck wants to go and does i do not press on the GO PEDEL. As soon as I turn off my turn single the rpm go back down and all is fine After the truck warms up i have NO problems????????

Last edited by a moderator:

Bronc76

Reaction score
this may sound crazy but when it revs up do you think the cruise control is being activated because of the brush connection in the switch.(maybe a ground like seabronc mentioned). you said the tack jumps up and it revs up. maybe the whole problem is the cruise

OP
OP
white night

white night

Reaction score
this may sound crazy but when it revs up do you think the cruise control is being activated because of the brush connection in the switch.(maybe a ground like seabronc mentioned). you said the tack jumps up and it revs up. maybe the whole problem is the cruise
You know that does sound crazy but if you think about it it could be right turn on the single and it thinks the cruise is wait i dont think that is it know besause the cruise is on the steering wheel so that would make sence if the cruise was on the turn single but i dont think that is it with it being on the wheel do you agree?

Bronc76

Reaction score
i do agree now that i think about it. I thought the cruise was on turn signal.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReturnToHangar