Shorty headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scrub

Reaction score
Recently purchased a complete 90 mustang for a doner car. Planning on swapping the 5.0EFI into my 76. Will the mustang shorty headers fit in the eb? Any issues to be known?

Bronc76

Reaction score
scrub- i also would like to install a set of shorty headers on my 76, so if you can make it work let me know how it turns out.

OP
OP
S

scrub

Reaction score
Hoping they will work. Planning to chop the mustang exhaust below the O2 sensors & then weld up my bronco exhaust. Just started pulling the motor from the mustang yesterday. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

JOHNS77

Reaction score
I'm Looking to do the same on my 77. Did it work?

mikeiam82

Reaction score
I have the 5.0 sitting in my bronco atm but i tossed my shorties because they were trashed so i cant help too much but here is a pic of mine with hydro clutch bolted to the bellhousing and an nv3550 trans. Looks like there is room in between the ***** cylindar and the firewall for the exhaust goes through. if you had the stock mechanical linkage it wouldn't work.

20131105_181133.jpg[/url

]20131105_194844.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

69bronc347

Reaction score
I am sort of in the same situation. Just got done with full width axle swap and now long tubes are on a collision course with d44 high pinion.  From what I've found out shorties will not work with factory clutch setup, because the clutch pivot is in the way. A guy would either need a custom header to go under the pivot like the long tubes do, or get a hydraulic clutch setup. Now I am not sure when we start talking automatics. I believe I am going with the hydraulic clutch, more convenient for me. 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke