How much lift do I need to clear 44's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jackedupbronco420

Reaction score
I have a 96 Ford Bronco with an 8 inch suspension lift. I want to get 44 Swampers. Will I need a body lift too?

Miss Kitten

Reaction score
you will need probably 12-15" of total lift

and stronger bigger diffs for those tires

and depending what you are running for an engine probably a bigger stronger engine to be able to turn the tires, which in turns will mean a transmission upgrade and a tcase upgrade as well

not to mention having to regear both of the differentials as well :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

BB33's

Reaction score
what size do you currently run? An 8 inch should fit 40's so a 3 inch body lift might be what your looking for.

oh and there is always Bushwacker flares then all ya need to do is cut da fenders

Last edited by a moderator:

Bronco_Willis

Reaction score
What exactly do you do with the truck for 44" tires? I know a guy that runs 44" on his 84 silverado. He had to swap out from the 350 to a 454 to have enough power and ran with all 1 ton running gear. Plus he has a total of 21" of custom lift. he also had to have custom drive shafts and huge rotors. Monster of a truck and one **** of a beast, but he cant go rock crawling or play in the mud that often because he always comes across problems.

Yardape

Reaction score
You will need at least 12 inches of lift and some wheelwell cutting.

OP
OP
J

jackedupbronco420

Reaction score
You will need at least 12 inches of lift and some wheelwell cutting.

its a 351 5.8 8inch from sky jackers I clear 40 s no prob and they were on a 95 ford with a 5.o 302 I turned them no prob on pavement rost them 40 s the new truck is a 96 351 5.8 and lock in four low un lock front hubs it should turn 44 s with no prob rite its in mud but more street purpose then anything.

but I did have a body lift. A little one I didnt have to change the steering so why

would I have to do that with the new body lift? And I can only find a three inch body.

But I will get the fender's done I really don't want a body lift if I dont have to. YOU KNOW THANKS

wileec

Reaction score
If You are using 4 lo I do not think it counts for "roasting um" You only get to go MPH that way.

Yardape

Reaction score
I wish you luck, the 8.8 and the D44 can't hold up to that abuse. 37's is pushing your luck, 44's is insanity. I would love to hear an update how its all holding together for you.

Bronco_Willis

Reaction score
I wish you luck, the 8.8 and the D44 can't hold up to that abuse. 37's is pushing your luck, 44's is insanity. I would love to hear an update how its all holding together for you.
Yeah, I read that anything bigger than 36's you have to run at least a Dana 60 and the minimum. Get a hold of 1 ton gear and your set!

OP
OP
J

jackedupbronco420

Reaction score
What exactly do you do with the truck for 44" tires? I know a guy that runs 44" on his 84 silverado. He had to swap out from the 350 to a 454 to have enough power and ran with all 1 ton running gear. Plus he has a total of 21" of custom lift. he also had to have custom drive shafts and huge rotors. Monster of a truck and one **** of a beast, but he cant go rock crawling or play in the mud that often because he always comes across problems.

well it will be manley four looks not trying to mud or pull just drive a little its the mondexs its fun to just ride but you can not drive any thing out there no smaller then 40s its deep but its fun

OP
OP
J

jackedupbronco420

Reaction score
please keep us updated on how well those stock diffs hold up to the 44's lol

Thats what my truck looked like but I had no prob on 40 s it was just a 5.0 302 I would rost them the new truck is a 351 5.8 litter I have the lift its just four

look

OP
OP
J

jackedupbronco420

Reaction score

I had 40s under my old one it only had a 5.0 302 this one is the 5.8 351 stronger motor its only what 4 1/2 inchs not much dif you know

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke