Trans And Transfercase Advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bronx94

Reaction score
i have a 94 bronco with a 351 and a E4OD trans, im not sure which transfercase i have. I am looking for a transmission and transfercase that is tough and realiably for wheelin, but also good for a driver. should i keep what i have or get something different. thanks for the help

bob

Reaction score
The e40d has gone through some big changes, I think the magic year is 95. After that it has become a strong reliable auto trans. Your 94 should have most if not all of those up dates. If not when or if you have it rebuilt it will get all of the up dates.

To eliminate the electronics and the over drive,the good old reliable c6 is allways an option

Your t case shuld be eather borge warner 1356 m "manuale" or bw 1356 e "electric". A very strong reliable t case. Not counting electric issues.

The other option would be manual, the zf 5 speed is strong reliable and a verry low 1st with a over drive 5th. 1st for wheeling and 5th for highways. I do Know the zf and the 1356 are often used together. I do not know what or how many changes would be needed to go with this manual.

I would keep what what you have.

Stomper4x4

Reaction score
Is your current stuff working? If so, keep it, at least for now. Get some manual hubs, if you dont have those already. Those seem to be a weak link. Otherwise, what you have should be fine for a weekend wheeler, weekday driver.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke