My first bronco purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chops33

Reaction score
I just purchased my first bronco. Its a 1994 XLT w/ a 302 in it. Its very nice for its age. Can anyone tell me if there are any known problems w/ this model or somethign that I need to be aware of ? I'd like to use it for hunting and put a plow on her. any help would be great!! thanks, Jess

hammer down bronco

Reaction score
congatulations just got mine a few months ago its got a 351w in it but same year. body rust on the fenders and above the wheels and under the doors is where most of the broncos ive seen rust including mine. if you have the auto locking hubs they arent always the best for alot off roading cause they dont aways work rite when needed so most people switch to manual locking hubs i am about to switch to warn manual locking hubs.we dont have the same motor so i dont no much a bout the 302 sorry. the ttb front suspensionsystem cant be lifted like a regular axle but if you are going to lift your truck there are posts on here about hw to lift it properly. other wise these are nice solid vehicles.~steve

OP
OP
C

chops33

Reaction score
congatulations just got mine a few months ago its got a 351w in it but same year. body rust on the fenders and above the wheels and under the doors is where most of the broncos ive seen rust including mine. if you have the auto locking hubs they arent always the best for alot off roading cause they dont aways work rite when needed so most people switch to manual locking hubs i am about to switch to warn manual locking hubs.we dont have the same motor so i dont no much a bout the 302 sorry. the ttb front suspensionsystem cant be lifted like a regular axle but if you are going to lift your truck there are posts on here about hw to lift it properly. other wise these are nice solid vehicles.~steve

Hey thanks...Yes this one has just started rusting on the drivers side rear fenders. and THATS ALL!! I checked this truck over and thats the only place where rust is as of now. Oh no...wait the back tail gate has rust too. just started though. I'd like to stop it.. but man the trucks so clean and I only paid 2750.00 for it. I just have the push in 4x4 , not manual hubs. I go pick it up tonight I hope, or tomorrow at the latest.

BB33's

Reaction score
For a solid plow vehicle the Broncos are just about perfect. Midnight towing I think it is has one he uses for specifically that. As hammer down said, the auto hubs tend to not work when you need 'em and fine later, a set of manual locking hubs goes for under a 100 bucks and can be done by yourself no problem, I did the same to mine, I also have push button 4x4. As far as your 302 they are good reliable motors but a little underpowered for plow work, but you can live with it, if not get a K&N intake flowmaster muffler and a chip and your power problems will be gone. Just my 2 cents, Ohy and post pics it's a known fact that once you see one bronco you wanna see em all.

Krafty

Reaction score
if you need it for plowing then just do it in 4x4 low and you'll have all the power you will ever need. and yeah the auto hubs are nice if you don't feel like getting your hands dirty but, warn manual hubs are pretty much bullet proof ( don't test that one on me). I have an 81 bronco with the 300 ci 4.9 l engine. and I use it for pulling our one tone out, not to mention the stupid neighbor who got his tractor stuck trying to get a stump out of the side of a field. that was a mess. but yeah moral of the story is 4x4 low with a healthy motor will push or pull just about anything

OP
OP
C

chops33

Reaction score
if you need it for plowing then just do it in 4x4 low and you'll have all the power you will ever need. and yeah the auto hubs are nice if you don't feel like getting your hands dirty but, warn manual hubs are pretty much bullet proof ( don't test that one on me). I have an 81 bronco with the 300 ci 4.9 l engine. and I use it for pulling our one tone out, not to mention the stupid neighbor who got his tractor stuck trying to get a stump out of the side of a field. that was a mess. but yeah moral of the story is 4x4 low with a healthy motor will push or pull just about anything

Yes I'll have to def. look into a k & N set. I work for a parts store so my parts are pretty reasonably priced. I have both in stock...I just have to find out of I have or do not have a mass air flow sensor. Im not too much of a mechanic...is that a tough thing to find out ?? Maybe w/ a vin code perhaps ??

BB33's

Reaction score
If you have teo tubes coming from the throttle body all the way to the airbox then it's the speed density system and just putting on an open filter will work, if it converges into one tube at the airbox it's a mass air system. In Cali, all Bronco's '95 and later have MASS air.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReturnToHangar