exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bartowb

Reaction score
looking for some insight on exhaust. was wondering if there is some info or personnel experience as to dual vs single exhaust. its going on a 1975, c-4, with a built 302 (approx 300 hp) with headers. was considering 40 series flowmaster muffler. have dual 2" with flowmasters on my 1969 but was considering going with single 3" on this one. any help would be appreciated.

thanks

bartow

S_bolt19

Reaction score
I have talked to a number of guys who have got the 2-into-1 exhaust setup from BC Broncos & absolutely love it. Good sound & the performance is nice too. I run a dual setup with a very old set of Thrush Turbos 2" outlets & it is a good tone, but it doesn't breath as easy as I would like.

pitcherd

Reaction score
This is personal preferance only. I like nothing better than a 289 or 302 with dual flow masters. Nothing has that ford sound. I personally like the dual exhaust, but it is all what your motor is going to handle. I don't think you will go wrong with either one. I have dual glass packs on my 73' with a 351w. I did not put them on there and first spare change I get they will be coming off.

scrub

Reaction score
I'm running dual 2" w/ flow pros. It sounds allright but i don't think i'd put it on again. I've run a single 3" w/ magnaflow and it sounded very good, deep & throaty, not to rappy. Going to put headers & magnaflow on when it comes time to replace.

bigbluebronc

Reaction score
I have talked to a number of guys who have got the 2-into-1 exhaust setup from BC Broncos & absolutely love it. Good sound & the performance is nice too. I run a dual setup with a very old set of Thrush Turbos 2" outlets & it is a good tone, but it doesn't breath as easy as I would like.
Oh I hate the bc exhaust! I have a 75 eb with dana 44 front axle

#1 they run under the transfer case first mod you have to make too increase offroad clearance run it on the side and around transcase

#2 my 75 dana 44 drive shaft hit drivers side exhaust, have a big dent in tube even with 5 inch lift

#3 the header too exhaust tubing supplied clamp never held on either side, finally clamped with regular exhaust clamps

#4 no turn down is supplied so it melts your ebrake housing another cost

#5 so loud my four year old son and I have too wear ear protection for any thing longer then a 10 minute ride

#6 when I purchased, passenger side did not fit , had too modify, but a call to them and they sent me a better part (thanks for that bc broncos)

#7 it cost too %^&*%$# much for what I got

I would not recomend and will replace When $$$ decide too jump in my wallet

Oh if you get it wire tye the header bolts too, once they are set...

Thats all I can say

khouse

77 BRONC
Reaction score
I got a 302 on my 77 and run 22" Glasspack duals. They sound good and tuck up nice in that tight space. I thought about the Flowmasters but they were a little to big in that area. I didn't want them to hang down. Anyway, I guess its just a matter of personal preference.

Yardape

Reaction score
Oh I hate the bc exhaust! I have a 75 eb with dana 44 front axle#1 they run under the transfer case first mod you have to make too increase offroad clearance run it on the side and around transcase

#2 my 75 dana 44 drive shaft hit drivers side exhaust, have a big dent in tube even with 5 inch lift

#3 the header too exhaust tubing supplied clamp never held on either side, finally clamped with regular exhaust clamps

#5 so loud my four year old son and I have too wear ear protection for any thing longer then a 10 minute ride

#6 when I purchased, passenger side did not fit , had too modify, but a call to them and they sent me a better part (thanks for that bc broncos)

Thats all I can say
Wow 7 points, thats enough to turn me against them. Thanks for the info.

Bronc76

Reaction score
Oh I hate the bc exhaust! I have a 75 eb with dana 44 front axle#1 they run under the transfer case first mod you have to make too increase offroad clearance run it on the side and around transcase

Thats all I can say

BBB

that why i ran just a single 3" exhaust off convertor out the back to prevent that headache

rodrig3911

Reaction score
looking for some insight on exhaust. was wondering if there is some info or personnel experience as to dual vs single exhaust. its going on a 1975, c-4, with a built 302 (approx 300 hp) with headers. was considering 40 series flowmaster muffler. have dual 2" with flowmasters on my 1969 but was considering going with single 3" on this one. any help would be appreciated.
thanks

bartow
I have a 1968 Bronco and I recently had a dual flowmaster 40 exhuast system installed from the exhuast manifold back. They tucked the pipes snd mufflers up as high as possible and I accually have more clearence then before. I had them install dumps right behind the mufflers. They sound GREAT!! I love it. Gets more power and idles better too. Exhuast works in Tucson AZ did the work and it cost me about $420 for everything parts/labor/taxs and all.

Joel

S_bolt19

Reaction score

Thats all I can say

Did you call Chuck and talk to him about it? The only way he is able to make his products better is by having customer feedback. I know of 2 guys who have the same system that was one of the early renditions of it & it had something wrong with it. Chuck figured out the problem & sent both guys the correct part, without them even knowing they had the wrong one. How many other vendors will do that for ya? If you weren't happy with it or something was wrong, you should have gotten ahold of him. You are also the first guy that I have heard of who had problems with that system, and I know of at least 15-20 others who do have it and love it. Not trying to bash you, because I know that some people get bad product, but Chuck will make things right if he is given the chance.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke