Winch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BB33's

Reaction score
Any name brand winch will work in terms of reliability, they all have good reputations. The general rule for choosing the right size winch for your application is to take the vehicle weight plus half and thats how big a winch you should buy. Say the truck weighs 5000 pounds, then it would need a 7500 pound capacity or greater winch.

Yardape

Reaction score
Dont cheap out on the winch, if you get a cheap one it will most likely fail when you need it most

jsomedaysoon

Reaction score
what are the mounting options for a winch? Do you have to buy a custom bumper that accepts a winch or is there an alternative?

wileec

Reaction score
what are the mounting options for a winch? Do you have to buy a custom bumper that accepts a winch or is there an alternative?
The warn trans4ormer is 1 option as are after market bumbers but most of those go for a grand or more. I went with this solution --

winch2.jpg

imgp1335.jpg

still working on the details for the fairlead through the stock bumper, I kind of like the approch angles without a bumper. More pics here

Last edited by a moderator:

BB33's

Reaction score
Let me know what you do about the fairlead on your set up wileec, I just got a Warn 8,000 pound winch that is brand new on trade for a couple old paintball guns, and I have the same bumper as you. I'm gonna try the same setup.

wileec

Reaction score
My dilemma is. I have a roller that works well and know how to cut the bumper for it but it will be a big hole under the middle one. But I really want to change to synthetic rope which would mean an aluminum or composite hause fairlead. If I cut the bumper for the roller then change I am worried that the extra large hole would look bad.

Here is what a buddy of mine did on his

104_0478.jpg

I used his ideas all the way down.

Last edited by a moderator:

BB33's

Reaction score
Your Buddy's looks clean! I like the way the grill is painted. I think i'm gonna just cut a hole in the middle hole and use the roller fairlead.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke