78-79 Bronco Value

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4xfan78

Reaction score
Has anyone ever looked up (n.a.d.a.) what the value of the 78-79's are worth? Take a guess if you do not know. Good condition, a/c, 4spd, with a 400m stock, no lift.

avp12304

Reaction score
randomly guessing.....4 or 5 g's? but i do know that 78 and 79's are the absolute best vehicles for offroading

davids78bronco

fabricator extraordinaire
Reaction score
for a basic, stock, good condition truck - ie, no rust, no body or interior damage, trucks runs good, clean and can pass any inpections - 2-2500 is about the average price

broncoshell

Reaction score
i would have to guess, low retail 5,375. average retail 14,250. & high retail 18,400.

msrp in 78 was 6,495. makes you want to buy all you can find!!!

marvin

Reaction score
broncoshell is right thats what nada.com says LOL and thats how i got the wife wanting the one i got more than me she thought is was such a good we couldn't pass it up but i would have to say 2-3000 is about right and they only made them for 2 years so the could end up being worth a pile more if they keep going to the scrap yard i have had an 81 84 91 and a 69 my 78 is by far the best yet

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP

4xfan78

Reaction score
It's amazing how much those trucks are worth. I guess it's because they only made them for 2 years. I was shocked when I saw how much my 78 is worth when I got it, and only paid $400 for it and was able to drive it on the trailer. The best thing about it is that it has a/c which is needed in GA.

77F150

Reaction score
We bought a 79 a few years back, one day it had a accident took out about 12 other cars, don't ask, and the rear quarters and tail gate. The insurance guy gave us more to fix it then we actaully paid for it and that was about ten years ago. They are awesome no doubt, around here your lucky to find a decent one that doesn't need a complete make over for under 4 g's. B)

Ranger429

Reaction score
To the right person the 78-79 will bring the most money. I have had 5 79's now, every one I have sold has neeted me a profit of some sort. My current one I will keep for quite a while. I bought this one about 6 month's ago and it is COMPLETELY rust free except for a small spot on the tailgate. The floor pan's still have the original paint underneath the carpet and the quarter's are in excellent shape.

The best thing to do with these is to have them appraised! My 79 F250 is appraised at $18,000 and that is what it is insured for.

custom_78

Reaction score
What about something that is completely customized? Do you thonk it would bring more money? I guess it would have to be the right person. I paid $1800 for mine smogged, a/c, heat, 4in lift, 35's, no rust, C6, warn hubs, 351m. I think I got a good deal. My dad even drove it home

coop7379

Reaction score
wow i didnt know that they where worth so much. i have a 79 bronco that i got for $600 the body is pritty much shot but everything else works just fine.

Johnny Reb

Reaction score
wow i didnt know that they where worth so much. i have a 79 bronco that i got for $600 the body is pritty much shot but everything else works just fine.
I have turned down and even ran a couple of guys off ,for insulting my bronco,s. One I put a 390 in,put over $1,500 unerd the hood,rebuilt the front end,complete brakes system(all of it) new gas system and some jerks are wanting a free handout.I still need to get a few things done to both of them and the one with the 390-I would sale it for less then $3,500. I ,ll keep mine and have another toy to play with-it has the 4 speed and -theirs a kid in all of us----**** I,m 58,but still like trucks,girls in bikinis and have ing fun.Enjoy life and shahre laughter

Johnny Reb

Reaction score
I have turned down and even ran a couple of guys off ,for insulting my bronco,s. One I put a 390 in,put over $1,500 unerd the hood,rebuilt the front end,complete brakes system(all of it) new gas system and some jerks are wanting a free handout.I still need to get a few things done to both of them and the one with the 390-I would sale it for less then $3,500. I ,ll keep mine and have another toy to play with-it has the 4 speed and -theirs a kid in all of us----**** I,m 58,but still like trucks,girls in bikinis and have ing fun.Enjoy life and shahre laughter
I WOULD NOT SALE FOR LESDS THEN $3,500 -THE WAY IT SETS AND I STILL HAVE MORE WORK TO DO TO IT. wHEN i GET IT COMPLETED-i MIGHT SALE IT.

yeti042

Reaction score
I paid $4100 for my '79 about 4-5 months ago -- rust-free, reconditioned (about 8 yrs ago and not professionally, but looks nice). 4 speed manual ... and I'm in PA!!! Rust free Bronco's are SUPER rare up here; especially 78s and 79s.

I actually talked the guy down from $4500; and I think I got a steal. He didn't drive it due to not trusting the brakes. I took the extra money I made selling my 2003 Ranger and got brake work done immediately and its been loyal ever since.

The only drawback is now I have a laundry list of things I want to do to it to get it really sweet ... just wish I had more mechanical knowledge, or a really good teacher.

American Thunder

Reaction score
I just bought a '78 Bronc a couple weeks ago, for a few hundred bucks. It hasnt been on the road since '92, sitting in a garage. It has 86k miles on it, though the motor and trans were sold long ago. The entire underside has been blasted, epoxy primered and painted black. It has the usual Bronco rear wheel well rust spots, and the it needs some minor front floor repair. It has a brand new 6" skyjacker lift kit already installed, (new springs and shocks all around, and poly bushings) and it all has zero miles on it. It came with 2 brand new Ford front fenders, and the tailgate is original and in flawless condition. It came with 15x10 aluminum slots, which really fit the truck nicely.

The best part is, when I work on it, I don't even get rust and dirt in my face, it feels really weird..

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke