how can i make this fit??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Billy Toppless

Reaction score
hello guys its been quite some time since ive logged in and have posted any thing but i recently bought me a 1977 Harley Davidson that ive been rebuilding so my bronco upgrades have been put on hold

but i got some extra cash and want a new bumper (the stock one got nice n bent getting yanked out.... > )

i want a bumper like this one and i can only find them for the 78-79 years and was wondering how different the frames were and how much work it would be to make this bumper fit my 1990

bbronc1.jpg

bbronc2.jpg

bbronc3.jpg

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Billy, I've been looking to build my own version of that 78/79 bumper made by Protofab and others. The 78/79 frame is much different than the 80-92, both in width and the design of the frame horns. And as much as that bumper costs with shipping, look into making your own or having it made locally. I'll be building one for the 84 Bronco soon, JSM84

OP
OP
Billy Toppless

Billy Toppless

Reaction score
Billy, I've been looking to build my own version of that 78/79 bumper made by Protofab and others. The 78/79 frame is much different than the 80-92, both in width and the design of the frame horns. And as much as that bumper costs with shipping, look into making your own or having it made locally. I'll be building one for the 84 Bronco soon, JSM84
no one around here builds anything like that, this isnt a big 4x4 town

there is one place but they charge n arm and a leg for the regular grill guards(i got the same one online for 200 bucks vs the 550 they wanted)

as for building...id have to fin a welder and pipe binder the welder i have is for small stuff that i bought to practice on

i geuss ill have to keep looking or do what roadkill suggest and go threw autofab..

thanks for the info tho

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Biily T, I agree with you. It's too bad that no one major company makes a good tube bumper for the 80-96 Bronco. the Autofab one is a pre-runner style that won't hold a winch or protect against trail damage as much as the Protofab design you pictured. I'm willing to bet someone within 100 miles of you will build a bumper, despite being in a small town. heck, the nearest town to me is 30 miles away, and the biggest town (Houston) is over 100 miles away. Just the materials alone are gonna run about $300, so figure another $250-$300 for fab. Keep checking with your local 4x4 clubs and post up the city/state where you live closest to. JSM84

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Billy Toppless

Billy Toppless

Reaction score
Biily T, I agree with you. It's too bad that no one major company makes a good tube bumper for the 80-96 Bronco. the Autofab one is a pre-runner style that won't hold a winch or protect against trail damage as much as the Protofab design you pictured. I'm willing to bet someone within 100 miles of you will build a bumper, despite being in a small town. heck, the nearest town to me is 30 miles away, and the biggest town (Houston) is over 100 miles away. Just the materials alone are gonna run about $300, so figure another $250-$300 for fab. Keep checking with your local 4x4 clubs and post up the city/state where you live closest to. JSM84

alright ill keep that in mind.

and the autofab isnt cheap ethier its like 750 w shipping

i guess its time for the yellow book

thanks for you help

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danno