Little or no brake pedal :-0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shadow_D

Reaction score
Ok guys and gals I am having a problem with my brakes.

With the engine off I can bleed the brakes no problem however, the first time I step on the pedal after I start the engine, my foot goes right to the floor... Where should I start my search for the problem? My first thought is I have a problem with the master cylinder or the brake booster. I also know the line from the driver's side to the passenger side is getting quite rusty and should prob be replaced along with the passenger side hose (I have the new extended one on the driver side and wasn't able to get to the passenger side after the lift install due to time constraints). Giving this some more thought, that should be where I start tomorrow.

I have always had "soft" brakes with Beast and just got used to it but I think I would rather have solid feeling brakes.

What are your thoughts???

Darrin

Seabronc

Reaction score
I'm thinking major air in the system. What are you bleeding with, a pump or just pedal? I would pump each line out, front and back until I was sure that I had sucked enough to take all the fluid a given length of line could hold, keep pumping and keep the reservoirs full while doing it. Use a large jug of fluid and have someone keep it full while you pump out each line. Were the lines open while doing the lift? Thinking that you may have gotten a lot of air if they were. Master cylinder or booster ?

Good luck,

:)>-

OP
OP
S

Shadow_D

Reaction score
Yea I had both front calipers off and 90% of the fluid drained out.

A friend of mine has a power bleeder that I am going to borrow this week to try after I replace the line and hose...

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
I lost the brakes on the 78 Bronco on the last trail ride due to low fluid and air getting in the lines. If you decide you want to replace the MC/booster, consider swapping to one from an F-350 for better stopping power. It's a very simple upgrade, JSM84

OP
OP
S

Shadow_D

Reaction score
You know I hate to say this but I was just reading a post over on FSB talking about that very upgrade :lol:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke