Automatic Tranny Fluid? Where do i check it?!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sylert

Reaction score
Maybe im blind, possibly ******** but i cant find the tranny fluid dipstick or a place to fill it, which could be into the dipstick hole. i have an 89 full size 5.8l bronco. sorry for the newby question my tranny seems to be a little rough at higher rpms, could possibly be a driveshaft problem too but i feel like my cars only reving to about 3000 then theres major vibration after that!! advice is strongly welcomed!

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
When you do check it, you should warm it up by driving it for approx 20 miles, not just idleing in the driveway.

Then while parked on a level location, apply the brake and put her into each gear for a couple of seconds... long enough for it to engage. Then check it while in park with the engine running. Be careful about leaning into a running engine compartment. No loose clothing, hoodies with strings, long hair or anything that could get caught and pull you in.

OP
OP
S

sylert

Reaction score
hey thanks guys, im going for a drive today to return some cable boxes so ill do as you suggested, once i return!! i usually dont lean in from the front of my car because of the lift kit so ill probably be standing on one of the tires lol but that is thoughtful because i did mention how stupid i was lol!! ill check it out today and see what happens

Devil Dog08

Reaction score
hey thanks guys, im going for a drive today to return some cable boxes so ill do as you suggested, once i return!! i usually dont lean in from the front of my car because of the lift kit so ill probably be standing on one of the tires lol but that is thoughtful because i did mention how stupid i was lol!! ill check it out today and see what happens
dont feel stupid because if we all knew how to locate things and fix them there would be no need for this awsum website . ejoy your truck and have a great day

Krafty

Reaction score
no the only stupid question is the one you already know the answer to but decide to ask it anyway, nothing to do with this situation of course

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23