tailgate wiring diagram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93brons

Reaction score
hi i am new to this site i just bought a 93 bronco xlt with 5.8 auto i cant get the tailgate motor to work i am geting power to the switch in the back the red/yellow wire has power wen i turn the switch but the yellow/red wire has no power if aneyone has a diagram of a 93 tailgate i would be thankful thanks sam

Seabronc

Reaction score
The ground side has to go all the way back through the driver switch. Have you tried to jumper it to see if it is the motor or the switch control? When you turn the switch, you should have 12 volts on one side and a ground connection on the other. Turning the switch the other way reverses the connection.

Good luck,

peace.gif

1992__Power_Window_002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP

93brons

Reaction score
The ground side has to go all the way back through the driver switch. Have you tried to jumper it to see if it is the motor or the switch control? When you turn the switch, you should have 12 volts on one side ans a ground connection on the other. Turning the switch the other way reverses the connection.
Good luck,

:)>-
thanks seabronc i got it fixed one wire broke

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danno