My other "toy"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shadow_D

Reaction score
I guess I should show everyone the car I have in my sig LOL

I bought a 2002 Pontiac Grand Am almost a year and a half ago and have been working on it a lot lately.

The day I bought it...

02GAGT9.JPG

I've been adding things to it over the last year to bring it to where it is now...

IMG_9646.JPG

The first thing I did to the car after I bought it was tint the windows. After that I bought a custom overlay for the 3rd brake light...

100_6499.jpg

After that I added the "eye brow" to the windshield then black racing stripes on the fenders and installed black reflective inserts for the "PONTIAC" labels in the back bumper as well as the front plate filler. Next I got reflective overlays for all the badges on the car.

I then decided it was time to make some big changes to the car. I bought an Andy's Autosports fiberglass nose, "War bird" hood scoop and a donor hood. The nose and the hood took a lot of work to get them to where I wanted them. The nose had 4 openings that were a looks kind of thing that I didn't like plus one was broken. I learned quickly how to work with fiberglass and other fillers to "shave" the openings. As I was going along, some members of the Grand Am Owners Club (another forum I'm a member of) suggested I "shave the plate area as well to give it a "finished" look. so I did that as well... Here is a picture of how the nose looked stock.

99_grand_am_so3_front_ait.jpg

Looking at the other pic above you can see the difference.

Next big project I took on was mounting and forming the "war birds" on the donor hood. this was a trick due to the fact I had nothing to measure from, i.e. nothing was square. I finally had to eyeball the scoop and tape it to the hood then I could drill the mounting points. I used rivets and panel adhesive, fiberglass, bondo hair, bondo then finishing bondo to form the scoops to the hood. I did all of this in a week :huh: .

This project will be finished this winter. I worked as hard as I could to have this done to this point for the annual GAOC Meet in Albany, NY back in August. This meet starts Thursday evening and goes to Sunday morning, I was bolting the hood and nose to the car that Thursday night and was ready for our car show the next morning.

I will update this page with new pictures after I finish the body kit and paint it.

Thats all for now...........

keeprollling

Reaction score
I guess I should show everyone the car I have in my sig LOLI bought a 2002 Pontiac Grand Am almost a year and a half ago and have been working on it a lot lately.

The day I bought it...

View attachment 7688

I've been adding things to it over the last year to bring it to where it is now...

View attachment 7689

The first thing I did to the car after I bought it was tint the windows. After that I bought a custom overlay for the 3rd brake light...

View attachment 7690

After that I added the "eye brow" to the windshield then black racing stripes on the fenders and installed black reflective inserts for the "PONTIAC" labels in the back bumper as well as the front plate filler. Next I got reflective overlays for all the badges on the car.

I then decided it was time to make some big changes to the car. I bought an Andy's Autosports fiberglass nose, "War bird" hood scoop and a donor hood. The nose and the hood took a lot of work to get them to where I wanted them. The nose had 4 openings that were a looks kind of thing that I didn't like plus one was broken. I learned quickly how to work with fiberglass and other fillers to "shave" the openings. As I was going along, some members of the Grand Am Owners Club (another forum I'm a member of) suggested I "shave the plate area as well to give it a "finished" look. so I did that as well... Here is a picture of how the nose looked stock.

View attachment 7691

Looking at the other pic above you can see the difference.

Next big project I took on was mounting and forming the "war birds" on the donor hood. this was a trick due to the fact I had nothing to measure from, i.e. nothing was square. I finally had to eyeball the scoop and tape it to the hood then I could drill the mounting points. I used rivets and panel adhesive, fiberglass, bondo hair, bondo then finishing bondo to form the scoops to the hood. I did all of this in a week :huh: .

This project will be finished this winter. I worked as hard as I could to have this done to this point for the annual GAOC Meet in Albany, NY back in August. This meet starts Thursday evening and goes to Sunday morning, I was bolting the hood and nose to the car that Thursday night and was ready for our car show the next morning.

I will update this page with new pictures after I finish the body kit and paint it.

Thats all for now...........
Have you ever had a fuel pump related problem? My friends 2000 GrandPrix is acting up and wont turn on. When the pump was removed and hooked up to the battery, it was working, the filters were a little dirty so they were replaced. Ran for a day and now the same thing happened where it wont turn on.

Yardape

Reaction score
Locate the relays. actually first check the enertia switch. Then check the relays

OP
OP
S

Shadow_D

Reaction score
I know GM had a problem with the GAs "PassLock"... Maybe the GPs had a similar problem. Does the Security light flash on the dash?

OP
OP
S

Shadow_D

Reaction score
ok sounds like your passlock is *****.

go to GAOwnersClub.com forums and search for passlock... there are a few threads that talk about it. I know its Grand Am info but it still should point you in the right direction :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

keeprollling

Reaction score
Any luck figuring out your "Passlock" issue???
Actually no, we have the car running but the security light flashes here and there. She has not had a problem ever since I replaced the relay. I did however ***** up by leaving the water hose from the resevoir a little to loose, yesterday it was leaking and when I looked under the hood I realized the hose was hitting the serpentine belt. good thing I did have some spare hose with me.

keeprollling

Reaction score
Well I guess thats a start...
OOPS... little things like that could be a minor problem :lol:

Yeah, but good thing its the minor problems that are easier to get fixed on a short notice, at least when you can tell what the minor problem is.

OP
OP
S

Shadow_D

Reaction score
My better half just went through this problem with her 04 GA and it did end up being the ignition switch. Her security light was flashing and would not let the car start...

keeprollling

Reaction score
My better half just went through this problem with her 04 GA and it did end up being the ignition switch. Her security light was flashing and would not let the car start...
Just today, my friend is telling me the car is loosing power when normal driving. I have to check out that fuel pump resistor cable now. I was hoping the problems would be over.

jsomedaysoon

Reaction score
same thing just happend to my monte carlo. cost me over 400 $ to fix at the dealership. glad i took it there though because everybody else was just taking stabs in the dark saying it was the starter or alternator or this or that.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke