on board air compressors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsomedaysoon

Reaction score
i'm in the market for an on board air compressor to put air back in my tires after i get done driving on the beach. i usually drop the air pressure pretty low and it takes forever at the gas station air pump and there's usually a line i'd rather not wait in. so in my search for these things i've realized that there are tons of options. any where from 10 dollars to a few hundred. what should i be looking for and can anybody recomend one?

dhpt99

Reaction score
My dad carries one of those cheap ones you plug in to the cigarette lighter it works put it does take forever. But it beats paying for the air at the gas station.

swampthing

Reaction score
search around the internet they make conversion kit for york air compressors (came stock on some fords) to turn it from an AC pump into an air pump then all you would have to do is set up a tank regulator etc whatever you would need to make it all work.

OP
OP
J

jsomedaysoon

Reaction score
thanks i'll have to look into that. i dont use my ac in the truck anyway. right now there isent even a belt going to to that ac pump.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
search around the internet they make conversion kit for york air compressors (came stock on some fords) to turn it from an AC pump into an air pump then all you would have to do is set up a tank regulator etc whatever you would need to make it all work.
For reg. off roading, that is prob the most bestest... for quick inflation;

also see this;

York with Intact AC Compressor Installation by drkhrs925

http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92106 it's an F 250, but sim.

another option is the ARB

Shop around www and loal for $ such as $149.95 12v @13 amps

I once had a small compressor from a super sized Copy Machine... used an inverter and it worked well for about 15 yrs.. bought it from one of those tool magazines that had surplus equipt on sale for $5.00

http://www.sciplus.com/singleItem.cfm/term...LogFrom/froogle 12VDC @ 10 amps

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sf66