Muffler Opinons

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B-Cack

Reaction score
I have a 93 with all stock exhaust and am looking to replace it soon. I was leaning towards a flowmaster, does anyone have one and would you reccomend it or not? I am also going to replace my power steering pump because the stock one groans quite a bit. Any opinons on this will help too thanks

swampthing

Reaction score
as far as exhaust goes i am a fan of the 2 chamber flowmasters...im currently running flowtech raptors which are okay just not loud enough for me...just ordered summit race mufflers so i will let you know how they are when i get them...also there is a new company/brand muffler on summits website called force automotive...they put out the force pro series muffler summit technician said they sound like flowmasters so i hope this helps

black beauty

Reaction score
for a good deep rumble im posting my two cents for the flowmaster super 40s. they are based on the same design as the regular 40s but flow just a tad more and have a deeper more aggressive rumble. plus with a name like flowmaster that has been along that long you know they make a good product

black beauty

Reaction score
for a good deep rumble im posting my two cents for the flowmaster super 40s. they are based on the same design as the regular 40s but flow just a tad more and have a deeper more aggressive rumble. plus with a name like flowmaster that has been along that long you know they make a good product

Ozark Hauler

Reaction score
I've got a 94' EB 351W . I'm waiting for my High Flow Cat and tail pipe . I went and got a 33" Magnaflow stainless from Summit . It's not in yet so I have no idea how it will sound . It's straight through design , 2.5" in-out 5" diameter . I know that after gutting the old "Cat-Boxes" my mileage took a dump . Someone here or at FSB said that the Speed Density system (EEC-IV) may have sensed a lean condition with the opened exhaust and dumped more fuel . I'll pull some codes to be sure .

Anyone else have a mileage problem after releasing some of the back pressure with a new free flowing exhaust ?

Steve

muddridder

Reaction score
I have a 93 with all stock exhaust and am looking to replace it soon. I was leaning towards a flowmaster, does anyone have one and would you reccomend it or not? I am also going to replace my power steering pump because the stock one groans quite a bit. Any opinons on this will help too thanks
I have a 95 EB Bronco and I put Dual Mega Flow Masters on it and it sounds awsome.I also put a K&N air filter kit for that extra push. B)

swampthing

Reaction score
well i am getting my mufflers before i had thought meaning today (friday) so i will post up and let you know what i think about them

WPW Bronco

Reaction score
I've got a 94' EB 351W . I'm waiting for my High Flow Cat and tail pipe . I went and got a 33" Magnaflow stainless from Summit . It's not in yet so I have no idea how it will sound . It's straight through design , 2.5" in-out 5" diameter . I know that after gutting the old "Cat-Boxes" my mileage took a dump . Someone here or at FSB said that the Speed Density system (EEC-IV) may have sensed a lean condition with the opened exhaust and dumped more fuel . I'll pull some codes to be sure . Anyone else have a mileage problem after releasing some of the back pressure with a new free flowing exhaust ?

Steve
When the cats on my '99 Explorer emptied themselves out and I put on a custom free-flow exhaust, my mileage went from 15-16 MPG to 18-22 MPG, HOWEVER after a few months of wonder sound and performance...the out flow out-weighed the intake and the engine ended up sucking the intake plenum seals into the intake manifold and it crapped out to about 12 MPG. After I ignorantly let the Ford garage charge me almost $2000 for the engine work, new O2 sensors, TWO new cats and an entire new factory exhaust, I lived with a solid 14 MPG. The insanely expensive Motorcraft cats are starting to cook-out again and I'm up to 15.6 MPG with this last tank. At the first sign of the idiot light, I'm doing my own hi-flow cat to save the O2 sensors and putting a turbo muffler on it and that should hold me back at about 18-20 MPG (especially important with gas prices these days. Hope my two pennies help you out.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke