Pulling Codes Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Outkast

Reaction score
I know iv probably already said this but my truck is having shifting problems like downshifting into 1st is really rough and it feels like its shifting at the wrong times. So is it the transmission or the computer? My dad has an older ford code reader and i was wondering if it will work? and how do I go about pulling codes? I have never done it.

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
I know iv probably already said this but my truck is having shifting problems like downshifting into 1st is really rough and it feels like its shifting at the wrong times. So is it the transmission or the computer? My dad has an older ford code reader and i was wondering if it will work? and how do I go about pulling codes? I have never done it.
Nick,

Pulling codes is easy, and I am guessing that your dad's older reader will work, if not all you need is a 4 inch piece of wire.

Your transmission should be a E4OD trans which is computer controlled, the two most important sensors are the TPS, and VSS, followed by your MAF, however, pulling codes should set you off in the right direction.

This thread is instructional and a number of members have used it. IF anything is not clear, please let me know so that I can make it more clear.

thanks

joe

http://broncozone.com/forums/index.php?s=&...ost&p=74581

B-Cack

Reaction score
My best advice is to listen to Bronco Joe, there is a reason he has an image of Yoda by his name. Good luck

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danno