header recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Betty The Bronco

Reaction score
Just trying to find what would be a solid choice company wise to go with when it came to shorty headers. OR, would be be a better to go with long tube headers?

Red95gotpotential

Red95GotPotential
Reaction score
The decision to choose long tube or shorty headers all depends on how much of your exhaust system you want to replace. Shorty's bolt up to the stock "y" pipe which allows you to use the stock exhaust setup but get better sound. With longtubes you would need to replace from the headers back (H or X pipe) much more expensive but much better sound and performance.

If you choose to use shorty headers, Pacesetter makes cheap ones for late model broncos, however I don't prefer them because they don't seem to bolt up quite right and the gaskets usually don't seal and give you a nasty leak right from the header leaving your bronco sounding like an old delivery truck. If you decide to go with shorty's I would recommend Summit. They are affordable and durable and seem to work the best and last the longest. I've seen guys who go wheeling every day have Summit's on their truck and they were barely rusted.

It's really up to you what company and price you prefer and is right for you, but for the most "bang for your buck" I think the Summit shorty's are the best deal around, you can order them online or just pick up a Jegs magazine. Hope you find this useful ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

bidibronco

Reaction score
I have FlowTech shorty style headers (basically the summit headers with the FlowTech name) and they work pretty dang good.

mbtech2003

Reaction score
000_0514.JPGdido i used flowtech as well. just remember one thing.... lots and lots of pb nut buster. lol000_0513.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Rednek

Reaction score
******. Ive got ****** headers and a aero chamber exhaust system it sounds so great.

RBuffordTJ

Reaction score
Just trying to find what would be a solid choice company wise to go with when it came to shorty headers. OR, would be be a better to go with long tube headers?
I got to echo a couple other up there. "hedman longtube headers hands down". I put mine on myself with no problems at all, I had to drop the front drive shaft to get the driver's side on but they were no problem to put on, they sound great and mine are true duel exhaust running indpendantly to mufflers and dumping out just in front of the back wheels.

Sounds great and I got a noticable kick in horsepower from the busted stock ones.

Rick in Orlando

michibronc

Reaction score
Do they not make headers for the '96's for a reason? I always see them listed up to '95. Sensors?

How much performance gain could you expect from shorties? Noticeable?

black beauty

Reaction score
with shorty headers you wont see that much gain. IMHO they are no more than a suped up manifold. they dont flow near as much as a set of long tubes. plus the sound isnt much different from a maniflod

crazyhorse85

Reaction score
I've used ****** headers and now have flowtech long tube...it's really going to depend on the rpm range you plan on running in....and the size of the tubes on the headers....but long tube for sure for tourqe and power...brand?...like i said i'm running flowtech right now and don't seem to have any problems....just be sure to use a good copper or aluminum gasket for a good no leak seal.... B)

LumbermanSVO

Reaction score
Do the parts exist to have a true bolt-on system with long tubes?

With my work schedule, the one thing I can't afford is having the vehicle down very long, and showing up to work with an incomplete(loud) exhaust would surely make quite a few people angry.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReturnToHangar