Looking for a place to play in So. ILL.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bronconewbie

Is it supposed to do that???
Reaction score
A Couple of friends and I are looking for someplace around the southern Illinois area to play in the mud and climb some hills.

rdbrnc96

Reaction score
hey how are you doing i was raised in the shawnee i know of a few places but you will have to let me know where you are located at so i can better assist you

OP
OP
Bronconewbie

Bronconewbie

Reaction score
hey how are you doing i was raised in the shawnee i know of a few places but you will have to let me know where you are located at so i can better assist you

Im in Walnut Hill Il. which is about 20 min north of Mt.vernon and about a hour and a half north of Marion. I can't aford to drive all the way to Ky. Lake fully loaded with gear and everything with gas the way it is I like to camp near where I play I would apprciate any help. Thanx.

rdbrnc96

Reaction score
Are people in IL. afraid to play or what man??
Have you ever heard of Mill Stone Bluff in Glendale IL?

There is a lake behind the Bluff called Milstone Lake. There are trails that run about 20 miles through govt land.

These trails run through creeks, hills, mud, and railroad tracks.

There is one more place called Mossen Bottoms.

This place is located along Lusk Creek. These trails last I knew followed the creek for about 15 miles.

These trails shouldn't be riden alone unless you have a winch! I hope I could help.

Ps - To find these trails stop at the University of IL agricultural dept.

The department is located on US route 147 in Glendale, IL main Highway. The Map should cost $5-$15

There are more places to go, you just have to look around and explore Shawnee National Forest.

illinoisbronco

Reaction score
Have you ever heard of Mill Stone Bluff in Glendale IL?There is a lake behind the Bluff called Milstone Lake. There are trails that run about 20 miles through govt land.

This place is located along Lusk Creek. These trails last I knew followed the creek for about 15 miles.

These trails shouldn't be riden alone unless you have a winch! I hope I could help.

The department is located on US route 147 in Glendale, IL main Highway. The Map should cost $5-$15

There are more places to go, you just have to look around and explore Shawnee National Forest.
i live in north illinois about an hour south of chicago in a big clump of corn feilds called morris il. i would love to play in some mud but i cant find any either. all there is up here is peoples farms, and they will shoot you with salt rocks probably if you mess up their farms.

OP
OP
Bronconewbie

Bronconewbie

Reaction score
Have you ever heard of Mill Stone Bluff in Glendale IL?There is a lake behind the Bluff called Milstone Lake. There are trails that run about 20 miles through govt land.

That is very helpful thank you

90windsor

Reaction score
i live in north illinois about an hour south of chicago in a big clump of corn feilds called morris il. i would love to play in some mud but i cant find any either. all there is up here is peoples farms, and they will shoot you with salt rocks probably if you mess up their farms.
ya im about 5 minutes away from you in minooka and all farmers out here gated off thier fields and the few trails have been blocked out by the DNR. The only place around here is houbolt trails in joliet but thats still illegal and the dnr shows up and makes you leave.

ive never really looked in morris though. you know of any good local areas?

SLDRMEDIC

Reaction score
Hey, I live north of you guys just south of De Kalb. I know of a place in Senica call "The Cliffs" but it may be a short wheel base trail. There is also a place about 2 ours south called "The Badlands". I've herd it has all kinds for everyone. 4wheel and off road was outhere a couple of years ago. They said it was great so check it out and let me know.

MudCountry86

Reaction score
The cliffs is a very short based area. Mostly jeeps, rodeos, samurais, etc. my buddy had his 3/4 ton ram with 39s on it and a 3 in suspension lift and 4 in body lift. Had a lot of problems getting stuck in mud due to one side of his tires riding the top part and the other side sinking into the pits. Also expect to hit trees a lot if your anything other than the vehicles I mentioned before. Also if the lift is to much you can't get to certain places.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke