Biggest Tires Stock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88pimpin

Postwhore, Pimpin Ain't Easy
Reaction score
What are the biggest tires you can fit on stock wheels at stock height? I want some beefy tires without getting a lift. I want to get some wheels soon, but I dunno when that'll happen. Looking for some chrome or polished aluminum wheels. If you know of any at a cheap price, let me know. Thanks!

FLYFSHIN

Reaction score
With no rubbing, I believe it's a 31" tire. Some people run a little larger, but if you hit a hard bump and the truck bottoms out, your tires will hit, or they will rub in a turn.

I have Kumho Road Venture A/T's. They are a great tire. Aggressive tread, but quiet on the road, they release mud easy so you can keep tearing through it. I highly reccomend them. Very affordable as well. You can check out what they look like in my gallary, which I badly need to update :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ktomek06

Reaction score
You can fit a 32X12.5 I believe..but I would rather just get a 2 or 3 inch lift and slap 33's on there so you dont get too much rubbing..I have 31's and mine run when I turn hard

cryptonik420

[SoP]BigSix4.9L
Reaction score
I got a buddy that has 35's on his Bronco. Of course we cut the **** out of the fenders, but it doesn't rub anymore and is much much cheaper than lifting it....just another avenue for you to think about.

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
I saw a 78 Bronco with 44" tires on a 4" lift. Oh and the fenders were cut to the size of the inside fender wells... B)

Desert Donk

Reaction score
If you go with 31's from the stock tires what happens to the speedo / odometer?

FLYFSHIN

Reaction score
My speedo was really lowto start with, they actually made it better. They are not much of a bigger tire really...I think it's about 5 MPH faster @ 65 MPH, according to my GPS.

Juice

Reaction score
your all wrong [-X . 33s will fit stock on 78-91 broncos. 92-96 32's are max, unless you shim the bumpre out, which only takes five minutes, so baisicly 33's will fit stock on all broncos. depending on tire width, rim width and backspacing you may rub on your radius arms. but if you go with lik a 33x12.50 on like a standerd 8 inch wheel you shouldn't have many if any problems with rubbing. **** i fit a 39.5x18 inch bogger in the rear! it rubbed just sitting there and it was worn down, but i did it! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

andydic

Reaction score
I have 32X11.5 15's on my 95' and they fit just fine. No rubbing what-so-ever.

Damage

Reaction score
I have 32 x 11.5 on 15 inch rims and there's no rubbing 99% of the time. If I hit a BIG dip or railroad crossing at speed ( > 30mph ) the tops of the front tires will just touch the fender lip. Hasn't done any damage, just left a couple of black marks. The turning radius is unaffected by these tires.

Peace.

Damage

stinger

Reaction score
My 85 Bronco came stock with 31x10.5 -15 tires when i put 33x12.5-15 on they hit the fenders every bump. since then i put on a bds lift started out with 4" and end up changing to the 6" . no longer and problems with the tires hitting the fenders . with the stock wheels they rubbed with tight turns change to a 10" wide offset wheel and only slight rub during full lock turn when in the rocks.

FLYFSHIN

Reaction score
As a rule, I believe it's a 31" tire, as I said....some people say 32's or 33's work, some say they don't...31's will always work though.

hogtownhustler

Reaction score
my 86 came factory with 31's i now have 33's they do fine unless i get into a sharp turn while backin up

cowboydan

Reaction score
i run a 33*12.5*15 muders stock, rubs on sharp turns but they tuck inside the fender when i hit holes so it give me an extra couple inches

avp12304

Reaction score
AS IS, STOCK, DOING NOTHING TO YOUR BRONCO, no cutting...nothing, are 32's, with a 2 inch lift u can run 33's, 4 inch u can run 35's, and 6 inch u can run 36's, this applies to all broncos from 87 - 96

Last edited by a moderator:

ih8gamerz

Reaction score
What about width? I don't care about them protruding from the fender wells. What are the specs for backspacing and wheel/tire width to fit a wider application? Thanks! 

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo ih8gamerz,

please fill out Signature with year, engine/tranny/Xfer case/hub type info & major mods such as a Lift, etc. for better responses.

Click your name in right black panel in upper right;

In pop up,

Click, My Profile

Click, Edit My Profile in right side black panel

In left panel, Click, Edit Signature

Enter info

Click, Save Changes

If it is for 69, others can offer you info.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RezBarron