Transmission Passing gear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bidibronco

Reaction score
Well, the "new" engine is finally in and runs like a champ. The problem I'm having is when I mash the skinny the tranny doesn't seem to want to get into it's passing gear. It's the E4OD and I know there is a kickdown on it but I have absolutly no idea where it is or just how to fix it? Thanks to all who will help a bronco fellow out! :)>-

shift1313

Reaction score
i dont have an e40d nor have i ever worked on one but the only thing i can think is maybe the vac line to the modulator isnt hooked up or it has a leak?

Seabronc

Reaction score
Check the HOW TO forum, I believe Meisk5 has a link to a video on how to adjust the kick down cable.

Good luck,

:)>-

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
Well, the "new" engine is finally in and runs like a champ. The problem I'm having is when I mash the skinny the tranny doesn't seem to want to get into it's passing gear. It's the E4OD and I know there is a kickdown on it but I have absolutly no idea where it is or just how to fix it? Thanks to all who will help a bronco fellow out! :)>-
Bidi,

The E4OD trans is computer controlled, I really do not think that there is a kickdown linkage of any sort. Try pulling codes.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Bidi,The E4OD trans is computer controlled, I really do not think that there is a kickdown linkage of any sort. Try pulling codes.
yea, good! IS the TCIL (Transmission Control Indicator Lamp; also called OD switch/LED) flashing?

anyway, get it scanned for DTCs and;

Shift Cable Adjustment for 92-96 Source: by Steve83

Trouble Shooting Flow Chart Source: by jasperengines.com via web.archive.org

"Pull codes

Most likely an engine problem - T.P.S. on gas engines - if a DTC comes up for this TPS; ck my site for fixes...my lap top is **** again

Possible valve body problem

or

LATE OR NO DOWNSHIFT ON COAST DOWN

Pull codes

Inspect & Troubleshoot solenoid pack and valve body"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member