66-96 Ford Bronco Forum - BroncoZone.com
Sign in to follow this  
bidibronco

Transmission Passing gear

Well, the "new" engine is finally in and runs like a champ. The problem I'm having is when I mash the skinny the tranny doesn't seem to want to get into it's passing gear. It's the E4OD and I know there is a kickdown on it but I have absolutly no idea where it is or just how to fix it? Thanks to all who will help a bronco fellow out! :)>-

i dont have an e40d nor have i ever worked on one but the only thing i can think is maybe the vac line to the modulator isnt hooked up or it has a leak?

Check the HOW TO forum, I believe Meisk5 has a link to a video on how to adjust the kick down cable.

Good luck,

:)>-

Well, the "new" engine is finally in and runs like a champ. The problem I'm having is when I mash the skinny the tranny doesn't seem to want to get into it's passing gear. It's the E4OD and I know there is a kickdown on it but I have absolutly no idea where it is or just how to fix it? Thanks to all who will help a bronco fellow out! :)>-

Bidi,

The E4OD trans is computer controlled, I really do not think that there is a kickdown linkage of any sort. Try pulling codes.

Bidi,

The E4OD trans is computer controlled, I really do not think that there is a kickdown linkage of any sort. Try pulling codes.

yea, good! IS the TCIL (Transmission Control Indicator Lamp; also called OD switch/LED) flashing?

anyway, get it scanned for DTCs and;

Shift Cable Adjustment for 92-96 Source: by Steve83

Trouble Shooting Flow Chart Source: by jasperengines.com via web.archive.org

"Pull codes

Most likely an engine problem - T.P.S. on gas engines - if a DTC comes up for this TPS; ck my site for fixes...my lap top is **** again

Possible valve body problem

or

LATE OR NO DOWNSHIFT ON COAST DOWN

Pull codes

Inspect & Troubleshoot solenoid pack and valve body"

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this