Getting Started

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

michiganbronco

Reaction score
Just got me a 94 bronco XLT with 80,000 miles,, looking forward to everyones help on getting it ready for the woods,, Any suggestions on a Winch??

broncoshell

Reaction score
THERE ARE A LOT OF GOOD WINCHES ON THE MARKET, I THINK WARN IS THE BEST... I DO LIKE THE MILE MARKER BRAND. YOU CAN RUN IT OF THE POWER STEERING PUMP... FROM WHAT I HAVE HEARD IT IS STRONG... THE ONLY DRAW BACK TO IT IT'S LIKE A PTO, IF THE MOTOR WANT RUN NETHER WILL IT... BUT HOW LONG WILL BATTERYS LAST WITHOUT A CHARGE...

WELCOME TO THE ZONE!!!

Juice

Reaction score
where in michigan are ya from, there is a few of us bronco guys here in marquette.

can't go wrong with a warn

hawk2100n

Wants Overdrive
Reaction score
hey broncoshell, watch the caps. it looks like you are yelling at ppl.

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
michiganbronco, that sounds like a good buy with low miles!

FOr light duty, a Warn will work O.K., but get at least a 9K pull rating, and a roller fairlead. If you need something serious and stronger, get a MileMarker 12K hydraulic. That's what the military uses, pretty good endorsement I'd say!

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
I have the Warn 9000i and it works well. I backed my Bronco down a vertical 30' washout with the winch with no problem. Going back up the otherside (vertical for 10 feet) I had to use my snatchblock to double up the pull power as the 9000# wasn't enough. The good thing is its battery powered. My old carb at the time wouldn't run well at those angles so I had to rely on the Optima holding up to the pull. If I had a hydraulic set up my Bronco would be stuck at the bottom of that pit today... If you have a good carb or EFI then the hydraulc winches are awesome (keeps the heat down and should last longer).

Another Bronco friend killed his motor in deep water. He didn't want to start the motor in fear it will **** water up the exhaust pipe and into the motor. He winched himself out by battery (warn 8000). So make a good call on your setup.

Its a 50/50...

Ktomek06

Reaction score
Welcome to the Zone..I have a 94 too!

Dont forget to setup a gallery!

G

Guest_Ngapuhi

Kiaora ....(which means hello from New Zealand)

I have an 82 XLT Bronco Ute. A rare find over here! As far as I know... the only one registered here in the north island. Was imported to this country from Australia in 1995. So...to be blunt ...I can't help about the winch but would you be able to help me?

Whats the technical name of the plastic trim around the interior of the cab ....from door pillar to the bottom of the windscreen because there was none when I bought the Bronc.

Would also like to find and purchase the dash top.... mines cracked

Any and all advise greatlly appreciated. B)

Desert Donk

Reaction score
Kiaora ....(which means hello from New Zealand)
I have an 82 XLT Bronco Ute. A rare find over here! As far as I know... the only one registered here in the north island. Was imported to this country from Australia in 1995. So...to be blunt ...I can't help about the winch but would you be able to help me?

Whats the technical name of the plastic trim around the interior of the cab ....from door pillar to the bottom of the windscreen because there was none when I bought the Bronc.

Would also like to find and purchase the dash top.... mines cracked

Any and all advise greatlly appreciated. B)
Ngapuhi,

If you do a google search on bronco dash cap you will get 10 pages of hits. Lots of folks selling that stuff and many on ebay too. You should be able to find someone that will ship to NZ. There are two ways to buy things for your dash, one a cap that fits over what is there and the other is a complete replacement. The later being rather expensive. Either method works well enough depending on how picky you are.

A search on bronco interior trim will net a bunch of hits and you should be able to find the piece you are looking for.

G

Guest_Ngapuhi

Cheers bro, thanks for the hints.

Its great to be in the zone with like minded people. And its imformative to read about other peoples problems with their vehicles and have others who have had the same experience in that area to reply with their opinion and solution.

I will try out what you have suggested in finding the parts. THANKS

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RezBarron