1987 Ranger Gauges Spike

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

White90Bronco

Reaction score
I have a 1987 Ranger XLT, 2.9 TFI, Automatic w/ A/C...After driving for about an hour(I drive back and forth to college) my fuel gauge, oil pressure, & engine temp gauge needles will all go as far past the max that they can go until the truck is turned off and turned back on. I have the gauge set up where one "gauge" has the fuel, oil press, engine temp, and pyro all in one gauge next to the speedo...no tach...and also the pyro gauge or speedo is not affected by this...could it be some sort of short...Thanks for the help...

Casey

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
I don't have any specific knowledge about this but I would suggest that you take a good look at your connections, and in particular your grounds.

I suspect that it does not happen specifically after One Hour of driving, but rather it is an intermittant problem. IF not caused by loose connections, they can be a real pain to track down.

IF you test your connections, and they are good, then please consider if there is any additional information that you may provide to us to help you track down your problem.

joe

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReturnToHangar