steps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ms_jetset

Redneck & The Bronco
Reaction score
Ok, finished with mission #1 on her. Now was wondering if anyone got an opinion on steps, nerfbars, or running boards? Let me reiderate...Steps or nerfbars with a 4" lift and 33" tires? I think the single step looks the meanest.

Last edited by a moderator:

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Just voicing my opinion and past experience. My 84 Bronco had running boards on it for 17 years - until i bought it. Those were the first thing I took off. I think they're out of style, too. Nerf bars would be better, give you a little rocker panel protection. I run those on my ext. cab work trucks, mainly for other folks to help them step up into the cab. Black only, please. I have used steps that hang down under the rockers, but these tend to gob up with mud too much, and will get caught on 'stuff' on the trail. I'd have to say a set of rock sliders with some kind of step is the best way to go. Protects the body, helps your girl get into the cab, and is the current style. At the moment, I don't have any steps on the 84 or 78 Broncos, which are lifted. JSM84

OP
OP
M

ms_jetset

Redneck & The Bronco
Reaction score
Just voicing my opinion and past experience. My 84 Bronco had running boards on it for 17 years - until i bought it. Those were the first thing I took off. I think they're out of style, too. Nerf bars would be better, give you a little rocker panel protection. I run those on my ext. cab work trucks, mainly for other folks to help them step up into the cab. Black only, please. I have used steps that hang down under the rockers, but these tend to gob up with mud too much, and will get caught on 'stuff' on the trail. I'd have to say a set of rock sliders with some kind of step is the best way to go. Protects the body, helps your girl get into the cab, and is the current style. At the moment, I don't have any steps on the 84 or 78 Broncos, which are lifted. JSM84
Why not chrome?

Jersey

Reaction score
I dunno, I think the chrome nerf bars look good on my truck :huh:

Justshootme84

Reaction score
Chrome will rust over here on the coast. You constantly have to keep it polished, too.

Jersey

Reaction score
Chrome will rust over here on the coast. You constantly have to keep it polished, too.
Ive had the black ones rot out just as quick, but your right about the polishing bit. That can be a pain to get tar off and what not.

Redneck86

First On Race Day
Reaction score
on bad thing about the the steps in they get ripeed up and broken, the nerf bars dont really help that much with protection either, they can take more then a running board, but still bend if you get on rocks. Id get the steps even though they do get f**ked up easy, but you should be alright with 4" lift

stusainte

Reaction score
Hey" I put a set of Bully single steps on my 95 they look pretty cool you can get them at any Auto zone or alike store or on ebay

100_1309.jpg

OP
OP
M

ms_jetset

Redneck & The Bronco
Reaction score
on bad thing about the the steps in they get ripeed up and broken, the nerf bars dont really help that much with protection either, they can take more then a running board, but still bend if you get on rocks. Id get the steps even though they do get f**ked up easy, but you should be alright with 4" lift
Thanks for your input Redneck86. Going with the chrome steps.

OP
OP
M

ms_jetset

Redneck & The Bronco
Reaction score
So far you've probaly helped me more than anyone else regarding my questions, and for that I want to thank you. But on this one...I think I'm gonna have to go with the chrome steps man. They were only $41 buck a pair!

Justshootme84

Reaction score
That's cool!!! Might look into the Zoops coating to keep them from rusting, but I think that costs more than the steps. At least you don't have alot of chrome to polish up. They do look good on stusainte's Bronco!!! JSM84

fordfan22585

Reaction score
I have chrome nerf bars on mine they have been there for about 7 years and no rust. I live on the coast in the north east adn every thing rust around here and these nerf bars never have been polished. but then again i want to take them off because its only lifted 3 inches and the just get in the way im 6 foot 2 so i never use them.

100_0066.JPG

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo