Speaker sizes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

madmaysey

Reaction score
Just to confirm is it 6 1/2 up front and 6x8 in the back?

and does anyone have any ideas for gettin some tweeters in the front?

BB33's

Reaction score
What year is the truck? I know From 1987-1996 The fronts are 5 1/2 but a 6 1/2 works with no modification and sounds better. The rear are 5X7 and aren't a very good size(sound wise) to begin with. There are aftermarket speaker covers for the rears that fit the larger 6X9 speakers.

RBuffordTJ

Reaction score
If you get a good set of 6 1/2 in the front they will have plenty of 'tweet' for you. Get the 2 or 3 way ones for clearer sound vs just a single reflex speaker.

Rick in Orlando

BroncoJeff

fLoWmAsTeRs=RuMbLe
Reaction score

If you look on a web site called lmc truck you can find a headliner with built in tweeters...its pretty awesome. :) If you cant find it send me a PM and ill send you the link.

JHARTLE

2NDTOUR89

Reaction score
I put in a Pioneer system throughout my ride and love it. Used the 6.5's in the front and 5x7's in the rear and added a 10" sub. I think for the money I have into my system, it sounds pretty good. Overall price for the entire system including the deck, speakers, sub and amp, less than $500.00.

OP
OP
M

madmaysey

Reaction score
i was thinking of putting a 10' sub underneath the center console inbetween the seats.

what do you guys think about that, also i was thinking i should point the sub up front so it bounces off the windshield but i will find out what works best if it end up tryingt that...

what do you guys think good idea bad idea?

2NDTOUR89

Reaction score
I was thinking of the same thing when I did mine, however if you lift the console, it will probably interfere with the movement of the front seats. I ended up with mine in the rear (where inside spare mounts) instead and put my amp in the console. If it works beneath the console, post some pics, I would like to see it and see if I can copy.

OP
OP
M

madmaysey

Reaction score
my console isn't bolted down as it is, thats how i got the idea. Unless we have differant seats im not sure why it would interfere with the movement of them....unless im overlooking something

2NDTOUR89

Reaction score
Maybe we do have different seats. I am remembering that in 88 or 89 they added the flip and fold feature to the seats and I dont think that the earlier seats did that. To get in the back seat of mine, you pull the recline handle and it flips the back forward and then the whole seat slides forward and with the armrests on mine, if the console was any higher, it would interfere with the flip and fold function.

OP
OP
M

madmaysey

Reaction score
yea i have an 88'

i could actually see it interfering with the arm rest, but then the console would just become your new arm rest, as for the flip and fold i still don't see that gettin in the way

just looking at your picture i think our broncos look exactly the same, same colors for sure

Jakes85bronco

Reaction score
Im going to mount my speakers in fiberglass pannels along both sides in the back. 2 12 In JL W3's with the amps mounted in the inner part of the wall I work with fiberglass alot so im just going to buy some resin from my local atuo parts store use some cardboard to make a "form" and build away i was thinkin up to the back seat just replace the plastic, vent it that keeps the amp cool, and keeps the speakers and amp out of the way. you could even get creative and make other spots anything you would want to keep in the truck but out of the back of the truck... Ive seen some creative drawers made for the floor and stuff but that takes up room in the back with this you eliminate the need for a bax at all.

OP
OP
M

madmaysey

Reaction score
my console isn't bolted down as it is, thats how i got the idea. Unless we have differant seats im not sure why it would interfere with the movement of them....unless im overlooking something
mine too flips forward like you are talking, but i just don't see that being a problem it might rub a little and might not be as smooth but i don't think it will block it to an unusible point.

but i guess i will find out i will take some pictures and let you know how it works out....

and i also was considering fiberglassing something up, take some pictures of your finished results, and were you planning on using infinity airspace subs or what?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danno