no power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ilystbronco

Reaction score
i have a 95 with the 5.0 and a 5 speed with no lift, shorty hedders,free flowing exhaust,k&n intake,edelbrock performer upper and lower intake, bbk 61mm throttle body,recent tune up with platinums, msd wires, cap and rotot and msd coil, i have basically no power on the highway or for passing it also has like no power from like 3000 rpms and lower but after that it books, what can i do to improve my highway and low end power?

Broncobill78

Reaction score
Have you replaced the chip yet ? While Mass Air handles airflow & fuel changes a *whole* lot better than Speed Density that still doesn't mean you can make wholesale changes and expect the processor to handle it and make use of what you've added. Also, you are't running a lift but are you maybe running 33's anyways ? 33's would contribute to the problem and together the lack of a chip AND the tires would easily cause it run like a pig at low revs.

bidibronco

Reaction score
Check your timing. It may be off, I know my timing was off and I had NO power under 2500 RPMs or so.

OP
OP
I

ilystbronco

Reaction score
i have 31" tires i am going to check my timing tomarrow and i have a manuel tranny so i didnt bother with a chp i was just going to get a adjustable fuel pressure regulator and advance my timing since thats all a chip does besides for changing shift points which wouldnt help me

Jakes85bronco

Reaction score
i have a 95 with the 5.0 and a 5 speed with no lift, shorty hedders,free flowing exhaust,k&n intake,edelbrock performer upper and lower intake, bbk 61mm throttle body,recent tune up with platinums, msd wires, cap and rotot and msd coil, i have basically no power on the highway or for passing it also has like no power from like 3000 rpms and lower but after that it books, what can i do to improve my highway and low end power?

I would recomend advancing your timing to at least 13 dagree's Factory is I believe 10 dagree's. And you said "free flowing exhaust???" Like no cats?=no back pressure.

No back pressure=power loss.Alot of people think that makeing free flow taking cats off bigger exhaust will give you more horse power. This is not correct assumption. You have to have some back pressure so that speed sensors air sensors all work correctly. Check out fullsizebronco it has some good help articales on this issue...

Seabronc

Reaction score
I would recomend advancing your timing to at least 13 dagree's Factory is I believe 10 dagree's. And you said "free flowing exhaust???" Like no cats?=no back pressure.No back pressure=power loss.Alot of people think that makeing free flow taking cats off bigger exhaust will give you more horse power. This is not correct assumption. You have to have some back pressure so that speed sensors air sensors all work correctly. Check out fullsizebronco it has some good help articales on this issue...
Unfortunately, with a EFI engine messing with the timing does not help. It would be a good idea to see if it is set at the factory preset level so the computer can adjust as it sees fit. You can do that by removing the SPOUT connector and setting it using the instructions on the Emissions sticker. Have you removed any sensors or controls like the O2 sensor?

Good luck,

:)>-

cowboydan

Reaction score
how about changing the timing chain??

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
I

ilystbronco

Reaction score
i advanced my timing to 12 and i had a lot more power but my passenger side hedder gasket is crap so i have a bad leak could that add 2 it?

Jakes85bronco

Reaction score
i advanced my timing to 12 and i had a lot more power but my passenger side hedder gasket is crap so i have a bad leak could that add 2 it?

I dont know if you have found your problem yet, But from what i can tell if you havent fixed the header gasket yet I would jump on that.

You never know how much back pressure you are losing.

Good luck

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke