Sway-bar Drop Brackets??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Billy Toppless

Reaction score
the time is almost here for the 4in suspention lift

now on the options of things to buy this is one of them

Sway-bar Drop Brackets- required for trucks equipped with front sway-bars.

do i need to get this or do i not have it?

and theres this

Last edited by a moderator:

HighHopes90

Reaction score
I don't know if this will help you or not but when i lifted mine 6" i just turned the stock sway bar over and it has worked just fine, but i did take the rear out. Lately i have not been running one and is doing even better on rocks and hills.

Broncobill78

Reaction score
Oh Billy, Billy, Billy.you have a choice to make. You need to either install drop brackets for the sway bars or quick-disconnects. Actually, truth be told what you need are drop brackets WITH quick disconnects. The sway bars are pretty usefull ON the road and you want them, unfortuntely the limit your articulatiion OFF-ROAD so no you don't want them. Starting to see the problem ? I would invest in a set of quick-disconnects for a 4" lift if I was the guy handing out Benjamins. Check it out and see for yourself but you really DO want anti-sway bars front & back when you're on the road. When you're off-road the bars will work to limit your axle articulation which is why it's better to have them disconnected. Some guys just pull them off & forget about the entire problem but I prefer to have them. On-road the bars act to limit body roll in turns and anyone who's ever seen the Dateline video footage of the Samurai rollover tests should know that body roll is not a good thing. The sway-bars don't do anything most of the time but when the ARE doing something that's when you really want them there.

Billy, Lemme know when you want to do this & I'll clear my schedule & make room in the driveway, for as much $hit as I give her the wife is pretty understanding. Just remember that I stop working when we run out of beer <grin>.

OP
OP
Billy Toppless

Billy Toppless

Reaction score
Oh Billy, Billy, Billy.you have a choice to make. You need to either install drop brackets for the sway bars or quick-disconnects. Actually, truth be told what you need are drop brackets WITH quick disconnects. The sway bars are pretty usefull ON the road and you want them, unfortuntely the limit your articulatiion OFF-ROAD so no you don't want them. Starting to see the problem ? I would invest in a set of quick-disconnects for a 4" lift if I was the guy handing out Benjamins. Check it out and see for yourself but you really DO want anti-sway bars front & back when you're on the road. When you're off-road the bars will work to limit your axle articulation which is why it's better to have them disconnected. Some guys just pull them off & forget about the entire problem but I prefer to have them. On-road the bars act to limit body roll in turns and anyone who's ever seen the Dateline video footage of the Samurai rollover tests should know that body roll is not a good thing. The sway-bars don't do anything most of the time but when the ARE doing something that's when you really want them there.Billy, Lemme know when you want to do this & I'll clear my schedule & make room in the driveway, for as much $hit as I give her the wife is pretty understanding. Just remember that I stop working when we run out of beer <grin>.
haha thanks man

ill have to make sure u steal some cases from my dad :-"

or find a keg..... B)

Broncobill78

Reaction score
Cases are good, a keg is better, no big deal either way. I'm happy to buy just for the fun of tinkering with something. Just lemme know when you want to work & I'll clear the time. Oh wait, you're not a Dolphins or Jaguars fan are you ? Come over here wearing something pastel & my boys will mob you while their sister gathers stones<grin>.

OP
OP
Billy Toppless

Billy Toppless

Reaction score
Cases are good, a keg is better, no big deal either way. I'm happy to buy just for the fun of tinkering with something. Just lemme know when you want to work & I'll clear the time. Oh wait, you're not a Dolphins or Jaguars fan are you ? Come over here wearing something pastel & my boys will mob you while their sister gathers stones<grin>.

haha no

actually i hate football lol

so the only thing they may had its the 80s hair metal t-shirts lol

Broncosaurus!

Reaction score
How much does the front sway bar limit the articulation, my Bronco will be strictly off road so I'm thinking I should just lose both the front and the rear sway bars. The connecting hardware on my 4Runner rusted away so my front sway bar on her has been disconnected since I've owned her!

Broncobill78

Reaction score
How much does the front sway bar limit the articulation, my Bronco will be strictly off road so I'm thinking I should just lose both the front and the rear sway bars. The connecting hardware on my 4Runner rusted away so my front sway bar on her has been disconnected since I've owned her!
If we're talking about something that's strictly a trail rig then sure, I'd ditch the sway bars & be done with it. They really shine when we do something foolish & cause the body to roll at street speeds and *that* usually leads to your truck sitting on the pavement paint-side down. Trails are a whole different story and sure I've put several of my trucks on their side, but it's a slow motion thing and I've never had a mini-van full of kids coming at me when it happened. I think the sway-bars are usefull to have on the street, especially with a lifted truck that has more suspension travel than stock, you don't use the 99% of the time but that 1% when they DO kick is is when you want them there and for a street or dual-use truck *I* would keep them.

Broncosaurus!

Reaction score
YES! another 10 lbs lighter too, I can't wait to take this thing for a rip around the field, now that is has lost its top, tail gate and window, sway bars front and rear, rear bumper, probably going to be ready to go win the Baja 1000

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke