1993 5.8 fuel filter help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wsmc923

Reaction score
I just picked up an 1993 EB and am doing the normal tune up things. I can't seem to figure how to get this fuel filter off. It has braided lines going into it, and both types of disconnects I have tried to use don't seem to work. Any ideas?

DSC04941.JPG

blkwlf

Reaction score
it requires a little specialty plastic tool

you can go to most any parts store and get the tool, just ask for a (snap on) fuel line tool. its easy ton use and cheap. you might even be able to have them show you how to use it.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo!

Fuel Filter Replacement also relevant to later model Broncos by FordMan at fordf150.net

http://www.fordf150.net/howto/fuelfilter.php

Do it only on a COLD engine with no electric sources close-by (esp a heater or someone smoking)

watch your eyes, fuel pressure may give you a bath... some like to relieve pressure by opening the Schader Valve on the fuel rail, but I just let it drip on a plastic pan and rags under da filter.

btw, looks as if you're missing 2 safety clips on the line; should have em in new filter box or go back and buy em.

GL!

OP
OP
wsmc923

wsmc923

Reaction score
Thanks a ton. I think I need to go get some penetrator or something to loosen up the springs. Have a feeling that this is the origional filter on here, and that there is 14 years of gunk built up around the springs in the lines!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke