A way to wheel legally and cheaper!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue beast

Reaction score
First you need some land say 5,000 to 10,000 acres Sell of 5 acre parcels to like minded individuals. The rules are simple you can camp on the property 2 weeks

or so a year, You can enter at anytime just have to have your deed(to keep non owners out) You have to pay a yearly maintenence fee, You can build a small shack on your plot(place to keep solar beer fridge!!) You will get around the insurance since it is the individuals land and what they do on the rest of the property

is at their own risk. That is how they do it here, You can have trails for atv's, trails for trucks, mud runs, shooting range, lakes for fishing and swimming, Hunting on part of the property( if the land backs up to a NWR all the better for game) Pretty much you can do what you want on your property to build a big bonfire, etc.

You have to figure out your per acreage rate in the area and sell different size plots since some people might want more privacy(30 Acres) and others may want to save some money and only purchase like 1/2-3 acres. Have a flat rate maintenence fee of $200.00 or so a year to keep up the fence, the live on manager, and

to keep the water truck in operation, Get a big construction water truck and leave the keys in at all times in case some one builds a too big bonfire that gets out

of hand, and have a well with a pump or resovoir tank big enough to refill it fast!! A land line would be a good thing in case cell phone coverage is spotty and of course give the emergency crews their own key and wide gate and gravel road that the owners are not allowed to tear up going straight down the middle of the

property. If you find the right business man or investor you could probably get backing pretty easy since it would most definately make some money. All of the things you can't do in a state forest you can do here it would sell like hot cakes so to say!!

Broncosaurus!

Reaction score
I saw something like this before, I think it was on spike tv, whats the show called, extreme 4x4. Anyway there was a cooperative ownership, more like a country club actually, where there were massive mud holes and lots of nice people coming to wheel and help pull each other out, think it was in florida too.

Burns

Reaction score
I read in Petersons 4Wheel about that. But the problems they stated are that it's almost like a full time job, keeping the place maintained (even if you pay others to do it) keeping the rules upheld, and keeping the rent paid. It could be done, sure, and I'd love to be near one. Pay like 10 bucks a truck for an all day run, maybe have some food and drinks, and a few bathrooms. My only concern is, where do we get fuel? Maybe a local station, or even a truck or tank on the field? It'd be a massive undertaking, but I think the cooperative offroad community would come together and make it work. I've seen about 100:1 good wheelers vs. **** wheelers, for pulling out, helping in general, and keeping the place up and running without the law coming down on the place. Also have to worry about any neighbors, I think a lotta loud trucks close to people in what's otehrwise a quiet area might rub some people the wrong way. All in all, someone will do it, and I'd like to be there to play!

89eddie89

Reaction score
Yeah that sounds like a GREAT way to run a wheeling spot.

But yeah sounds like also a pain to keep up the maintanence at the place...

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JWBronco1996