66-96 Ford Bronco Forum - BroncoZone.com
Sign in to follow this  
julietwhiskey

Differential Oil type-->Suggestions?

For all you bronco greasers out there, I have some questions regarding the differential.

What is the best type of Differential Oil for a 95 5.0L, 302. I crawled under and tried to spot out the differential type, but there is no way I understand the tag, nor any of the markings on the pumpkin. I was hoping all you 95er's with the same type of specs could give me a heads up. The rig is stock with a diff tag marking of...

S837J X

3155885E09 The 1 may be an L?

Also on the front side of the rear pumpkin is this serial: 40TW4025-AA

Also, when I cracked the cover, is there anything special that should be done to the gears (i.e. cleaning?). The purpose, beside changing the oil will be to inspect the exciter ring.

Thanks all. Sure do appreciate all the great wisdom in here.

j

my rear is a 8.8 with 355 gears and a trac lock which came stock and the oil i used in it was 80w-90 gear oil, which is recamended in the manuel

my rear is a 8.8 with 355 gears and a trac lock which came stock and the oil i used in it was 80w-90 gear oil, which is recamended in the manuel

The question about which type of oil to use is mainly because some folks in these bronco forums use Synthetic (mopar/ penzoil) and other use the recommended brand. Just see which stuff is better for overall protection of components.

thanks

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this