Towing question for the new guy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dweaver5

Reaction score
Ok I have searched and still havent figured it out.

I would very much like to pick up a 351 Bronco for me and my wife as a daily driver and to tow a small toy hauler.

I have read the towing facts on the pdf file but still dont quite understand.

Simply is this ok to tow (loaded) with a 351 Bronco?

Thanks guys.

http://www.wanderer-rv.com/WandererPakRat.htm

Can click specs page for weight info...the part I dont quite understand.

89Bronco58

Reaction score
just make sure you get a strong hitch on the truck and you should be okay, a bronco can tow about 7000lbs max (stock) i myself have a lift so i have a stronger suspension but i also put add a leafs in the spring packs also, so i could probably tow more but i wouldnt want to overdo it with the trans , motor, rears, frame etc... i basically tow nothing other than other trucks out of holes, just see what that camper would weigh loaded and see what you come up with, you may be able to do it no problem

thornbirdguy

Reaction score
make sure it isn't in overdrive and have at it. if it appears to be sagging/sitting low in the rear, just get a leveler or add a leaf to the rear and go.

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Welcome to Bronco Zone!!! A fullsize Bronco wit the 351W V8 and towing package option should easily pull that trailer. Don't know the exact length, would guess it's about 20 feet? Looks like the empty weight is a tad under 4000 lbs, which is not a problem. You should considere the short wheelbase of the Bronco for towing that long a trailer, though, as it will take some careful loading or weight distribution to limit fishtailing. The tongue weight looks to be 690 lbs, so I would not use the stock bumper. A Class III or higher receiver hitch with the load-bearing bars would be a good mod. also, if the Bronco you get has an auto tranny, I would add an auxillary cooler for the tranny. JSM84

BB33's

Reaction score
My bronco has the stock suspension with no tow package and I tow 4000 pounds just on the bumper and thats just factory, with a add-a-leaf and hitch/load bearing bar setup as aforementioned you'll do fine

OP
OP
D

Dweaver5

Reaction score
Great info guys. Now I can go and hit the "Buy Now" for my Bronco.