emmissions failure...replace the exhaust system?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

superfly

Reaction score
I was thinking about beginning the opgrades for my bronco. I failed the emmissions test at idle and could not register the vehicle. Im planning to upgrade the tranny, air intake and exhaust. Of course there are cosmetic upgrades as well. Would an exhaust overhaul do the trick to passing emmissions? trying to decide if i go tranny or exhaust 1st.

thornbirdguy

Reaction score
I was thinking about beginning the opgrades for my bronco. I failed the emmissions test at idle and could not register the vehicle. Im planning to upgrade the tranny, air intake and exhaust. Of course there are cosmetic upgrades as well. Would an exhaust overhaul do the trick to passing emmissions? trying to decide if i go tranny or exhaust 1st.

putting all stock pieces on a truck will not always get you to pass. it is also possible that the engine is not running correctly. the thing might run great, but there could still be plenty wrong.

gatorbronco

Reaction score
Would an exhaust overhaul do the trick to passing emmissions?
Make sure all of your emissions controls are working properly..(Air Pump, Random hoses/filters, etc.). Really the only parts of your exhaust that could cause you to fail would be the O2 sensor and catalytic converters.

mbtech2003

Reaction score
what year and eng size helps us with what kind of emmissions ur truck has

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danno