Shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Betty The Bronco

Reaction score
I have a 94 5.0 bronco (stock) and I am in need of new shocks. If your ever in it you can feel every single bump in the road :wacko: . So i began searching and i found these http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/Susptab...=&brand=all . Just when I thought it was going to be simple like that, the website started talking about "quad shocks" and other things that just didn't make any sense to me. So my question is, which ones do I want to buy if my bronco is completly stock and just replace the ones on top of the front axel. By the way I dont know much about cars so that why I'm asking this.

P.S. Is this a smart choice of a shock anyway?

Roadkill

Reaction score
"Quad" shock option refers to how many shocks there are on the front axle. Quad means 4. In other words if your truck came with the quad shock option, there will be four shocks up front. (2 on each side, 1 in front of each front wheel and 1 behind each front wheel.) Since many Broncos came stock with the "quad" shock option, you need to look behind one of your front wheels. If you see 2 shocks you have quad; if you see only one, you do not.

As far as the KYB shocks go, my truck had them on there when I bought it. I have nothing to compare to since I have never changed them. I don't know how old they are, (I do not think they are the original equipment) but they seem to ride just fine for me.

Edit:

I forgot to mention that if you do not have quad shocks, then the shock you have will be mounted rear of the front axle. That shock (the one just aft of front axle) is the same part number reguardless if you have quad shocks or not. If you only want, or can only afford two shocks for the front axle (assuming you have the quad option) then that is the one you will want.

Last edited by a moderator:

thornbirdguy

Reaction score
my opinion: kyb gas shocks are a little rough(stiff). for cost effective shocks, i liked the pro-comp es-1000's or 3000's(i think). they were a little rough but were usually quite comfortable. and they're cheap too. shocks are simple to put on too.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke